NEWBIE!!! but oldie! LOL!

  • james brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2007
      I'm new here! have put up small 48v gm magnet alt. goes thru ch. controller into 12 volt lift truck battery 935ampHRS. It has six carbon fiber blades 60" dia. starts about 8 mph. But this will not charge this big battery by itself! It would take at least 3 more windmills like this one! But I have 10 x 15 watt solar panels (150) watts, each puts out 19 volts at 1 amp in bright sun not yet installed to same battery. Also using solar booster to increase panel output (up to 30%) in cloudy weather. So you need both solar and wind gen's to complement each other. To these I have a 2000watt inverter ,12v to 120v with 2 outlets. This is power for my workshop only. But I want to build my own gen.. High output at low wind! Like, 2000watts at 25 mph winds. Let's make it happen!!!! Silverbuzz59