Re: disc drive magnets

  • Dan Fink
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2007
      Generally, hard disc drive magnets are too small to be of much use
      except in tiny science-fair type wind turbines. Old, giant computer
      tape drives (the kind that took big platters 6 inches deep and 18
      inches across) had some beefy, concave magnets that were powerful
      enough for small wind turbines, but they are almost impossible to find
      now.
      DANF
      Technical Director,
      http://www.otherpower.com
      -------
      I've heard talk about using magnets from computer drives. What
      kind
      of magnets? Does anyone have pics or project info I could view?
      Thanks