my wind mll

  • tracy
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2007
      hi everyone.
      ive been reading here for some time now and i have changed jobs that
      allow me to start on my wind mill.
      at present i live in ohio south east of Columbus.in the hills .
      i live on top of a hill and we get plenty of wind allot of the time.
      im not sure the speed or consistency's in the wind here.
      i have a tower already its a 12 inch steal monopole style
      that i plan to guyed for strength i can take the tower to 80 feet
      without having to light it .im sure this set up will hold a large wind
      mill ive seen the multiple bladed mill on the long shaft.
      and think this type of mill would do well.
      but have considered the single large bladed mill in the begging of my
      search.
      ive built towers for years and know this end very well.
      im not very good with electric and will get help in this area
      as i need it. i want to build my own unite so i can fix it as needed
      dependability is a must in the the whole unite down to the batterys .
      my biggest hurdle is understanding the wiring in the generator
      im dislexic in ways that make reading and understanding instructions
      very hard .i an read blueprints or real blueprints .
      dose anyone have a guide to making a large generator .
      im basicly a begginer in this and see a wind mill as part of a system
      that will include other generators of the same type but powered by
      a wood gas motor or the likes.
      making these unites the same will be my intent.
      is there anyone in central ohio that builds these or close.
      thanks tracy
    • Jim Carlson
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2007
        You won't receive any "REAL" help here... But if you go to

        http://www.fieldlines.com/

        they will answer most of your needs.

        Hope this helps
        Jim C.

        --- In axialflux@yahoogroups.com, "tracy" <towerace123@...> wrote:

        > hi everyone.
        > ive been reading here for some time now and i have changed jobs that
        > allow me to start on my wind mill.
        > at present i live in ohio south east of Columbus.in the hills .
        > i live on top of a hill and we get plenty of wind allot of the time.
        > im not sure the speed or consistency's in the wind here.
        > i have a tower already its a 12 inch steal monopole style
        > that i plan to guyed for strength i can take the tower to 80 feet
        > without having to light it .im sure this set up will hold a large wind
        > mill ive seen the multiple bladed mill on the long shaft.
        > and think this type of mill would do well.
        > but have considered the single large bladed mill in the begging of my
        > search.
        > ive built towers for years and know this end very well.
        > im not very good with electric and will get help in this area
        > as i need it. i want to build my own unite so i can fix it as needed
        > dependability is a must in the the whole unite down to the batterys .
        > my biggest hurdle is understanding the wiring in the generator
        > im dislexic in ways that make reading and understanding instructions
        > very hard .i an read blueprints or real blueprints .
        > dose anyone have a guide to making a large generator .
        > im basicly a begginer in this and see a wind mill as part of a system
        > that will include other generators of the same type but powered by
        > a wood gas motor or the likes.
        > making these unites the same will be my intent.
        > is there anyone in central ohio that builds these or close.
        > thanks tracy

      • Steve Spence
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2007
          And why wouldn't you expect real help here?

          Many of use are experienced wind turbine builders, even though this isn't
          necessarily a wind group.

          It is an axial flux group, so the question is appropriate.

          Steve Spence
          Director, Green-Trust
          http://www.green-trust.org
          http://www.green-trust.org/bookshop/

          > You won't receive any "REAL" help here... But if you go to
          >
          > http://www.fieldlines.com/
          >
          > they will answer most of your needs.
          >
          > Hope this helps
          > Jim C.
          >
          > --- In axialflux@yahoogroups.com, "tracy" <towerace123@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> hi everyone.
          >> ive been reading here for some time now and i have changed jobs that
          >> allow me to start on my wind mill.
          >> at present i live in ohio south east of Columbus.in the hills .
          >> i live on top of a hill and we get plenty of wind allot of the time.
          >> im not sure the speed or consistency's in the wind here.
          >> i have a tower already its a 12 inch steal monopole style
          >> that i plan to guyed for strength i can take the tower to 80 feet
          >> without having to light it .im sure this set up will hold a large wind
          >> mill ive seen the multiple bladed mill on the long shaft.
          >> and think this type of mill would do well.
          >> but have considered the single large bladed mill in the begging of my
          >> search.
          >> ive built towers for years and know this end very well.
          >> im not very good with electric and will get help in this area
          >> as i need it. i want to build my own unite so i can fix it as needed
          >> dependability is a must in the the whole unite down to the batterys .
          >> my biggest hurdle is understanding the wiring in the generator
          >> im dislexic in ways that make reading and understanding instructions
          >> very hard .i an read blueprints or real blueprints .
          >> dose anyone have a guide to making a large generator .
          >> im basicly a begginer in this and see a wind mill as part of a system
          >> that will include other generators of the same type but powered by
          >> a wood gas motor or the likes.
          >> making these unites the same will be my intent.
          >> is there anyone in central ohio that builds these or close.
          >> thanks tracy
          >>

          > Group Email Addresses
          > Related Link:
          > http://www.green-trust.org/2006/06/axial-flux-permanent-magnet-alternator.html
          > Post message: axialflux@yahoogroups.com
          > Subscribe: axialflux-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > http://www.eset.com

        • Steve Spence
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 10, 2007
            I'm not in ohio, but the wiring of a axial flux alternator is pretty
            simple. There are typically 9 coils in a circle. every third one is
            connected in series, so you have 3 sets of 3 coils, connected in a
            star or wye configuration (see
            http://www.teal.com/products/App%20note%20AN-15.htm). The three down
            leads are connected to a set of diodes similar to the diode bank in a
            car alternator. See
            http://www.1stconnect.com/anozira/SiteTops/energy/Alternator/alternator.htm

            the center connection of the three sets of coils is not usually
            brought down the tower, but some folks are playing with off tower
            wiring reconfigurations for variable voltage and amperage configurations.

            Steve Spence
            http://www.green-trust.org

            --- In axialflux@yahoogroups.com, "tracy" <towerace123@...> wrote:

            > hi everyone.
            > ive been reading here for some time now and i have changed jobs that
            > allow me to start on my wind mill.
            > at present i live in ohio south east of Columbus.in the hills .
            > i live on top of a hill and we get plenty of wind allot of the time.
            > im not sure the speed or consistency's in the wind here.
            > i have a tower already its a 12 inch steal monopole style
            > that i plan to guyed for strength i can take the tower to 80 feet
            > without having to light it .im sure this set up will hold a large wind
            > mill ive seen the multiple bladed mill on the long shaft.
            > and think this type of mill would do well.
            > but have considered the single large bladed mill in the begging of my
            > search.
            > ive built towers for years and know this end very well.
            > im not very good with electric and will get help in this area
            > as i need it. i want to build my own unite so i can fix it as needed
            > dependability is a must in the the whole unite down to the batterys .
            > my biggest hurdle is understanding the wiring in the generator
            > im dislexic in ways that make reading and understanding instructions
            > very hard .i an read blueprints or real blueprints .
            > dose anyone have a guide to making a large generator .
            > im basicly a begginer in this and see a wind mill as part of a system
            > that will include other generators of the same type but powered by
            > a wood gas motor or the likes.
            > making these unites the same will be my intent.
            > is there anyone in central ohio that builds these or close.
            > thanks tracy

          • tracy
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 19, 2007
              thanks guys
              im a picture man i dont do well with words for instructions so
              im glad to see how things works
              tracy