Re: [axialflux] Windmills are for milling grain,

  • Stuart Perkins
    Message 1 of 37 , Dec 5, 2012
      Based on this history, we should call them Wind Generators, as
      "Turbine" has many meanings. Of course a ceiling fan generates
      "wind"...

      Gotta love the language.

      On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 10:59:16 -0800 (PST)
      jerry freedomev <freedomev@...> wrote:

      >                                    Hi Steve, Doug and all,
      >                                                      I have to agree
      > with Steve as a windmill is used for milling grain thus the name wind
      > mill.  Just because some or a lot of  idiots use it for WG's, my more
      > precise term and WT's which has always been used for WG's though,
      > unlike windmill. My 16th century forefathers, mothers actually ran
      > the wind pumps in what is now Demark, Jerry Dycus being a contraction
      > of Jerry of the 'Dyke House' that cared for the dikes and the wind
      > pumps there never would have confused windmills and wind pumps even.
      > They only things these have on common is they were powered by wind by
      > sails on a hub.  So I guess between sailing and them I have wind
      > power  in my blood. Jerry Dycus

    • Ronald Nelson
      Message 37 of 37 , Dec 8, 2012
        Hi Jon,  I have had a PMA wind generator up for 6 years and never found a dead anything under it. Very sad someone has to be unhappy with everything the world tries to do. Go ahead and put up as many as you like. I am all for wind, solar as I am off grid for 9 years now. In far southwest  TX. Sure is nice to drive up I 20 and see the wind farms at Sweet water TX.