Dump load question

  • darkwingta
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2011
      How many watts should my dump load be? I built the 10 foot verion, 28 volts system listed in Home Brew power and have it connected to a Morningstar charge controller. I want to get my dump load sized correctly in-order to get the most out of the generator. What do you reccommend?
    • sspence
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2011
        The dump load controller needs to match the maximum output of the wind turbine. Unless you have a morningstar tristar connected as a dump controller on your batteries, do not connect a controller to your wind turbine. You will cause it to self destruct in high winds.

        Steve Spence
        Director, Green Trust
        http://www.green-trust.org