Re: [axialflux] Re: charging question

  • Tony Godshall
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 1, 2011
      And now you have *really bumpy* DC!

      On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Jeff <Jeff@...> wrote:

      I got a 150amp    MDS150A 3-Phase Diode Bridge Rectifier 150A Amp 1600V  for $25.99 and Free shipping from e-bay

      Jeff

      From NH

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 1, 2011
        That's all right. He got exactly what he needed for a axial flux to connect to a battery bank. Remember, this is 3 phase.

        Steve Spence
        Director, Green Trust
        http://www.green-trust.org

      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 1, 2011

          I got a 10 foot wind turbine (3 phase AC) setup for 24Vdc do to all my stuff is 24Vdc ( Inverter, Charge controller, Battery bank, ) So why would it be Really Bumpy??

          Jeff

          I got a 150amp    MDS150A 3-Phase Diode Bridge Rectifier 150A Amp 1600V  for $25.99 and Free shipping from e-bay

          Jeff

          From NH

          --
          Best Regards.
          This is unedited.

        • Tony Godshall
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 1, 2011
            > ... Remember, this is 3 phase. ...

            Sorry, not paying that much attention.

            Yeah, rectified 3-phase would be less bumpy... and a bank of batteries
            would smooth it further...
          • Tony Godshall
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 1, 2011
              I withdraw my comment.

              --
              Best Regards.
              This is unedited.
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 25, 2011
                I think I should have stuck with my listeroids, the wind gen is an other power 10ft. my batteries are 1-24V and 1-36 V rewired into 12v, my inverter is also a 12v, I have wanted to run the house off the wind gen/batteries when not running the listeroid (field marshall 6/1). but I bought the wind gen this way, did not build it myself, and am not real confident rebuilding it, which is why I'd like to find a way to use it as is., thanks for all the imput, any help is appreciated, Mike

                --- In axialflux@yahoogroups.com, "mikelwn" <mikelwn@...> wrote:

                > I have a 48V wind gen, but my battery bank is 12 V (forklift battery) I have heard that the battery will only take what charge it needs, so can I use this gen for this battery? thanks.

              • limodriverjp
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 25, 2011
                  Was the wind turbine for 12, 24, 48VDC to where they come set up for one of them. I have the 24VDC one here and just got it up and running.

                  Jeff
                  From NH

                  --- In axialflux@yahoogroups.com, "mikelwn" <mikelwn@...> wrote:

                  > I think I should have stuck with my listeroids, the wind gen is an other power 10ft. my batteries are 1-24V and 1-36 V rewired into 12v, my inverter is also a 12v, I have wanted to run the house off the wind gen/batteries when not running the listeroid (field marshall 6/1). but I bought the wind gen this way, did not build it myself, and am not real confident rebuilding it, which is why I'd like to find a way to use it as is., thanks for all the imput, any help is appreciated, Mike
                  >
                  > --- In axialflux@yahoogroups.com, "mikelwn" <mikelwn@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I have a 48V wind gen, but my battery bank is 12 V (forklift battery) I have heard that the battery will only take what charge it needs, so can I use this gen for this battery? thanks.

                • Dan Fink
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 26, 2011
                    Hi Mike;

                    If we built the machine here, all parts are interchangeable and we can
                    build a 12v stator for you. We don't list them on our website as the
                    12v ones are tricky to build, but you can call Matt at our office at
                    970-484-7257 for a price quote, should be around $275 to $300.

                    DAN FINK