Sizing an inverter, or sizing a wind generator for an inverter?

  • roofman6
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2011
      I'm hoping to build a grid tied, 48v, 10' to 14' dia., Hugh Piggott wind turbine for use in Kansas where the wind average speed is around 12 mph. I can't seem to find information on what size inverter to use. I'm gathering that the inverter will be the major single cost and would like to maximize it's capacity. Can any of you direct me to this information?

      Thanks,
      roofman6