RE: [axialflux] Re: Need for load control

  • MIKE DURKIN
    Message 1 of 66 , Feb 27, 2011
      The rpm's go up faster than the load power drawn .... and i don't think nichrome resistance is constant through its temp range.

      To: axialflux@yahoogroups.com
      From: mmk_tsm@...
      Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 08:00:13 +0000
      Subject: [axialflux] Re: Need for load control

      Simplistic put down!!
      My friend would say, so, you have a heater connected, wind gust, higher speed, heater will draw more current, more load automatically, so where's the problem.

      --- In axialflux@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <mike_burgess@...> wrote:

      > > can someone please direct me to a document that clearly explains the need for load control with a small wind generator.
      > > I know it is required, but I cant explain it well enough to a friend who reckons it should be possible to connect the generator directly to a heating element and it would self regulate.
      > > I have come across good explanations in the past but cant lay my hands on it now.
      > > Tia,
      > > Mike.
      >
      > No doc needed:
      >
      > When windmill exceeds it's rated speed, it comes apart.
      > Add load, to match current wind speed, everything is fine
      > Introduce wind gust, keep load same = excessive speed = bits & pieces.

    • Joe mijdtr
      Message 66 of 66 , Mar 30, 2011
        your statement is correct, i concur.

        thanks for reminding me the neg. terminal produces the H2

        the hho i spoke of was in respect of the systems where both + and - are in the same vessle. thanks for the input

        joe