Re: [axialflux] 4.5 ACvolts/phase, but slows down when i connect it to rectifier

  • Steve Spence
    Message 1 of 26 , May 1, 2010
      Battery charging time is determined by how many ah's were removed from
      the battery, and how many amps your charger puts out. If you removed 75
      ah's from the battery, and your charger produces 25 amps, then it will
      take theoretically 3 hours to recharge. Actually it will take longer as
      charging slows as the battery fills, and it takes about 20% more ah's to
      fill than you took out due to chemistry inefficiency.

      put an amp meter (or better yet an AH meter) on your circuit so you can
      see what's happening.

      Steve Spence
      Renewable energy and self sufficiency
      http://www.green-trust.org
      http://makingthewebwork.blogspot.com/

      On 04/30/2010 06:06 AM, sanjeev rao wrote:

      > Good day members
      >
      > I have connected Generator and at 200 RPM it produces 24+ ACvolts/phase,
      > but when i tried connecting rectifiers it was showing me only 18+DCV, i
      > was in a impression that 24 ACV x 1.73 = DCvoltage output, but it has
      > turned up otherway
      >
      > so i tried charging my battery (10Ah 12V battery) it took almost 6 hours
      > to charge complete battery from 4.7V to 12.6 V
      >
      > then i was suspecting the battery , tried charging bike battery 2.5Ah
      > L-C , even that took close to 1 hours.
      >
      > what am i doing mistake, is the output not sufficient? not much of amps,
      >
      > configuration of stator has got changed to 250Turns #18 wires per coil
      > so per phase 500 turns of #18 wire and two coils per phase. Over all 6
      > coils providing 3 phase,
      >
      > with the help of multimeter, when i checked the Ohms it was showing
      > 2ohms for two coils connected together
      >
      > Also i noticed when i connected to 2.5 Ah battery the rotation has got
      > reduced to 70+RPM not the 200RPM
      >
      > what went wrong

    • sanjeev rao
      Message 2 of 26 , May 3, 2010
        fine, let me try and will update it here.

        Message 3 of 26 , May 3, 2010
          I tried connecting ammeter to determine, how much amps it produces, but immediately after connecting it, the device slows down drastically and stops in few seconds

          what would have gone wrong?