RE: [axialflux] Rotor assembly

  • Charles Evans
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 8:46 PM

      What size of shaft do you use with the Harley bearings?

      Do the bearings last quite a while?

      I like the idea of using pipe, JB Weld and no or little welding.

      Thanks for your response.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2 11:39 AM
        The bearings will last longer than we will be on the planet drawing breath as long as they are sealed from the elements and greased from time to time.

        Dont waste your time if you dont plan on some welding to insure the required structural integrity. For the cost of outsourcing a couple of welds, it would be sad to see your efforts come apart when winds get a bit wild!