Help !

  • Max
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2010
      Hi all !

      I would like to share some information about a wind generator that I'm making but without the desired success.

      We would like to make a generator to charge a 48V battery bank.

      Here is the configuration:
      - two plates with 16 NeFb magnets 2 x 1 x 3/4 "
      - Stator with 12 coils (4 per phase) made of 17 AWG wire with 145 turns total of 4 ohms phase/phase (8 coils serially)
      - 48 volts output and desired 1300Watts at 200rpm
      - After the rectifiers we achieved 51vdc @ 75 rpm (cut-in)

      The problem starts when we put this generator connected to a battery bank and it becomes very hard to spin. The battery bank is made of 4 12VDC 60Ah car batteries brand new and certified to be fully functioning.

      We have made a testbed with a 3hp motor attached to a 1:5 belt. The motor is not capable of spinning more than 120rpm. The speed is controlled with a drive ABB ACS-50.

      If we take the batteries out and put a 20ohm resistive load we achieve 1350watts at 280rpm. This is great...

      What is happening with we connect the generator to the batteries and we are not able to go faster than 120rpm?

      Best regards,

      Max Oliver
    • Michael
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2010
        > If we take the batteries out and put a 20ohm resistive load we achieve 1350watts at 280rpm. This is great...

        What is the voltage and amps at this condition ?