Re: 1/4" steel plate?

  • quadranut
    Message 1 of 50 , Dec 3, 2009
      I know this thread is kind of old but...... what distance would the " sets " need to be on a multi coil generator ? in short rotor plate coil plate rotor plate SPACE rp cp rp SPACE .... and yes I have looked for 2 days before asking this question. Now you can tell me I haven't looked in the right place or hard enough Thanks for all the great info here.

      RD
      --- In axialflux@yahoogroups.com, Steve Spence <sspence@...> wrote:

      > The proper setup for good power generation is magnet plate - coil pack -
      > magnet plate. If you have enough speed and torque. you can add multiple
      > sets of the above on the same shaft.
      >
      > You still need about 650 rpm's for full output, unless you change the
      > diameter of the alternator.
      >

      > Steve Spence
      > Renewable energy and self sufficiency
      > http://www.green-trust.org
      > http://makingthewebwork.blogspot.com/
      >

      > swizzlenutz wrote:
      > >

      > > Can I ask what you mean by stacking the coils. I have 2 different setups
      > > in my mind. An air coil on the top and an air coil on the bottom. The
      > > other way would be magnetic disc, copper coils, magnetic disc, copper
      > > coils, ect...Other then adding weight would stacked coils in this manner
      > > work or would 2 magnetic plates close to each other then cancel out some
      > > of the efficiency? I'd like to see what would happen if you had about
      > > ten of these all stacked one on top of the other with the blades
      > > attached directly to the magnetic plates. You'd probably need some
      > > really light and highly efficent blades to spin that kind of weight
      > > though. If you had 2 stacked like that then would you need only half of
      > > the RPM's or would both still need to go 650RPM's to be of any use? Jason

    • Terri Weaver
      Message 50 of 50 , Aug 28, 2010
        Hello, I just wanted to tell you thanks for the heads up. Patrick Kelly is awesome.
        Terri