Re: are these magnets a good buy

  • rolando_elizondo
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2009
      Steve, I have 2" x 1" x .25" magnets, lots. Is it possible to use two magnets united to increase the force as a .5" one?
    • Steve Spence
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2009
        I do not know.

        Steve Spence
        Renewable energy and self sufficiency
        http://www.green-trust.org
        http://makingthewebwork.blogspot.com/

        rolando_elizondo wrote:

        > Steve, I have 2" x 1" x .25" magnets, lots. Is it possible to use two
        > magnets united to increase the force as a .5" one?

      • offlogic
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 7, 2009
          Your flux will increase with thickness, so stacking magnets will increase the force. Some incidental losses may occur, they they will be very minor.
          Intermag has some nice flux density calculators you can use to calculate how stacking your magnets will improve flux density at http://www.intemag.com/flux_density.html