Need to know relation between turns, poles and rpm

  • sanat
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2009
      I am trying to do a DIY project of 1KW 3 phase permanent magnet
      alternator suitable. I think of around 1 feet dia stator with rotors
      having PMs on its both ends.
      I need guidance regarding
      1] No. of electrical poles to be maintained on stator
      2] Total no. of coils per phase and no. of turns, wire size for each
      coil.
      3] No. of magnets on rotor wheel

      Also can I get mathematical relation between no. of poles, no. of
      turns, rpm to the output of alternator.
    • Steve Spence
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2009
        12 magnets on each plate, 9 coils sandwiched in between. We use N50
        magnets, 2" x 1" x .5"

        What voltage are you trying to produce?

        Steve Spence
        http://www.green-trust.org
        http://www.buildittogether.info

        sanat wrote:

        > I am trying to do a DIY project of 1KW 3 phase permanent magnet
        > alternator suitable. I think of around 1 feet dia stator with rotors
        > having PMs on its both ends.
        > I need guidance regarding
        > 1] No. of electrical poles to be maintained on stator
        > 2] Total no. of coils per phase and no. of turns, wire size for each
        > coil.
        > 3] No. of magnets on rotor wheel
        >
        > Also can I get mathematical relation between no. of poles, no. of
        > turns, rpm to the output of alternator.

      • doug duncan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 30, 2009
          the formula is 1.33 (magnet) x no. of coils

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 31, 2009
            Can you further explain that with an example?