Maximum power point tracker

  • nick.stannard
    Message 1 of 38 , Aug 1, 2008
      Hi guys,

      Does anyone know where I can get a maximum power point tracker unit
      that I can put between the output of the rectifier and the battery?
      I'm sure this would give much better output power at low wind speeds.
    • Dan Fink
      Message 38 of 38 , Aug 18, 2008
        Outback has a new MPPT controller for small wind turbines, the WX60. I
        believe Midnight Solar does now too. Very cool -- you can adjust the
        power curve match onscreen, kind of like the graphic equalizer on a
        stereo. I don't know if either of these products are available to the
        mass market yet, nor do I know the voltage requirements. But MPPT for
        small wind is JUST starting to become available. DANF