YAN - Yet Another Newbie

  • Michael Vanecek
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2006
      I just "discovered" axial-flux alternator for windpower this weekend. I
      regret not coming across it a few years ago - I'd have a wind-farm up by
      now! I always thought that wind-power was prohibitively expensive and
      complicated given all the fancy commercial mills out nowadays and spent
      most of the time focusing on solar opportunities instead. To see the
      axial-flux generators being made is simply a jaw-dropping shock! They're
      the epitome of simplicity! Not to mention the passive yaw system. I
      don't have any questions just yet - I've done a ton of reading this
      weekend and things are so simple they almost explain themselves. Of
      course, once I start constructing them I'll likely come across
      interesting challenges. Like, how to extract my fingers from between a
      couple of magnets. :) I'm very pleased that this list is here.

      Be well,
      Mike
      Zone 8, Texas
      http://www.taroandti.com/ Exotic Plants and More...