Small Wind Turbine Testing

  • madhav_chowdhary
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2003
      Hi,
      I am writing a project report for setting up Test Set-up (Lab and
      Field) for Small Wind Turbine (100 watts to 10,000 watts) components
      and sub-systems. It will able to test;

      •Wind Turbine Component :
      1.Blade: RPM, Torque, Mechanical power output at various TSR and
      Wind Speed.
      2.PMG: RPM and Voltage at various Load with provision to measure
      Torque / Mechanical power input / Electrical power output.
      3.Tail / Furling Mechanism / Yawing Mechanism / Slip-Ring / Tower Top
      Mounting: Static, Dynamic Performance Test.
      4.Power Controller: Battery Charging, Water Pump, Grid Tie.

      •Complete Wind Turbine:
      Electrical Power Out put at different wind speed, with provision for
      testing various other functions like Yawing, Furling etc.
      1.Ground Test: With the help of wind source (Wind Tunnel / Wind
      Generator).
      2.Vehicle Mounted Test: Testing Wind Turbine by mounting them on
      vehicle.
      3.Field Trial: Testing wind turbine at good wind site by attaching
      various sensors.

      If any one have suggestion or interested in associating for writing
      project report please contact by email.

      Thanking you.
      With regards.
      Madhav Chowdhary.