Re: [awar] Re: FOR IMMEDIATE ACTION: MASSIVE TNR PROJECT AT GEZIRA CLUB TO STOP MASSACRE

  • Dina Zulfikar
    Message 1 of 50 , Nov 18, 2009
      Thank you Hanifa.  We agreed and put notice on club notice board, tomorrow at 9 am TNR would be conducted by coalition:
      ESAF (ANIMAL FRIENDS) would provide catchers and cages
      volunteers would help transferring the cats (after catching process) to Dr. Rafik Nashed Helmy's clinic in Zamalek.
      Dr. Rafik would spay & neuter, keep cats until recovery (approx. 3 days).
      volunteers would help take the cats back to the club.
      We meet at Gezira club (facing LA ROUMA cafe) at 9 am).
      Volunteers are called to provide help.
      Lets save the cats.
      This agreement had been done supported by:
      ESAF
      ESMA
      AWAR
      and Volunteer Vet:  Dr. Rafik Nashed Helmy.

      Help the Shelters so the Shelters can help you

      EGYPTIAN SOCIETY FOR MERCY FOR ANIMALS
      Sakkara Country Club road, villa al bab al ali
      GIZA
      Tel: (002) 0122188823 – 0105522930
      http://esmaegypt.org
      mona_khalil@..., nazihhammad@...

      EMRO
      Villa 11, Block 4, Ground Floor, El Togarayeen City, Al Mokattam,
      CAIRO
      Tel: (002) (02) 25076946
      http://emaurescue.org/
      adopt@...

      The Egyptian Society of Animal Friends
      30 Korshed Street / Road 293
      New Maadi
      Tel: (++202) 2702 1142
      Mobile: (++2) 018-1576431 (emergencies only)
      E-mail: ESAF2005@...

      ANIMAL HAVEN
      Villa 4 , Road 277, New Maadi
      CAIRO
      Tel: (002) (02) 2516 40 10

      From: Hanifa Sadek <hanifasadek@ gmail.com>
      To: awar@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 9:28 PM

      I would be happy to join on Friday or any other day you choose. It sounds to me like it should be sooner, though, since most of the cats have disappeared. Like Mona, I'm not particularly keen on sterilizing unless it will help save their lives, and there should definitely be a commitment from the club. I doubt very much that the people who have been asked to get rid of the cats will know the difference between a sterilized cat and one that isn't, or will care. It's up to the management to stop the hunt.

      However, if you intend to go ahead on Thursday anyway, I'll be happy to lend you my two carriers. I'll call you tomorrow to arrange to give them to you, as Thursday won't be possible for me.

      Hanifa

      From: mona khalil <mona_khalil@ yahoo.com>
      To: awar@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 2:10 PM

      What are the guarantees that the cats that will be done this time ( 4 times before TNR was done) will not received the same destiny, why do you want us to put the remaining cats to such ordeal of catching and operations if the club of the elite society cannot honor their word with us, most of the cats that were poisoned and assuming taken were sterilized already, this did not stop the management from going ahead with their plans regardless of our previous 4 times work in the club .

      Unless the club presents to AW organizations a written form of agreement , I will  not participate in this ridiculous way of working there and unless all those people in the club who say they are animal lovers unite in one collective stand for once then there is no use. Try at least to agree on one time to all meet there, suggest friday after prayer, make it a show of power, collect signatures as the other anti animal lovers did , why can they organize themselves and the ones who are for the right cause cannot do  it. I do not understand this and will not understand it anymore.

      So till some plan is made and actions take place please let us stop talking and act for once, AW groups need to feel people are genuine in their attempt to help, and if we cannot work this out with members of Gezira club then something is terribly wrong.

      Mona Khalil

      From: nadia_naga <nadia_naga@yahoo. com>
      To: awar@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 6:27 AM

      6 kittens have been rescued 2 days ago.. their mother was taken (according to my info) .... immediate action is needed, 14 cats were seen dead today.... the massacre hasn't been stopped... they say that there are 20 cats remaining so they want to take them...

    • dina_zulfikar
      Message 50 of 50 , Nov 28, 2009
        Dear Hanifa

        TNR will continue after the Eid, each 2 weeks, about the petition, will contact Bahra and Mona to see what we have reached.

        Dina