my son, the musician

  • Kandy Crosby-Hastings
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 4:35 PM
      Today we had a music day for "school." That's what
      the boys were asking for today. Anyway, for the first
      time, my five-year old really wanted to play music,
      not just sing along and dance to it. So I showed him
      a C scale and how to play "Mary Had a Little Lamb" on
      the keyboard. Then he decided he would like to play
      the mandolin. So I showed him a simple G-C-D chord
      progression. He loves it, since, as he says, it's
      small like him. :^) He really did a great job. Just
      had to share. :^)
      Just shows, unschooling works!

      Kandy