unschooling group activities

  • Kandy Crosby-Hastings
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2008
      Here are some upcoming events for A Walk in the Park Unschooling Group:

      Just wanted to send a quick e-mail reminder that next Wednesday, October 15, we will be touring the Salina Art Center and its current program of abstract art.  From what I have seen so far, there are a lot of neat projects there, including art from a resident artist.  Lots of fun colors and designs.  For this program, I do ask an RSVP just so I can let the art center know if we go over a certain number of people.  The program begins at 10:30 a.m. and should last an hour.  It will also include a fun art project for kids and adults alike to make.  Then, October 22 is our fall party at Indian Rock Lodge, Salina.  One project we are asking the kids to do in advance is to make some kind of edible treat that defines fall to share with everyone at the party.  Should be lots of fun.  The party will run from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. - come and go.  Then, this just in... On Friday, October 24, we will be going apple picking at the apple orchard in Culver, Kansas.  We are still working on a time that works for everyone; but this should be lots of fun and a great hands-on experience for the kids.  If you have any questions about any of these events, please feel free to e-mail or call me at 785-342-9823.

      God bless.

      Kandy

      Kandy Crosby-Hastings
      "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.  Against such things there is no law" Galatians 5:22-23, NIV.
      Writing projects