Re: words are the fossils

  • theskyablaze
    Message 1 of 88 , Dec 1, 2000
      An interesting point.<br>Words are certainly the
      fossilized remains of the poetic process, since poetry is
      essentially life in its truest and most glorious form. Poetry
      is not necessarily the words themselves, the music
      they make (these are only the physical mainfestations
      of the poetic), but a state of being. Poetry is
      life. Therefore, it only follows that the poet, the
      seer, la voyant, that person who holds the "secrets for
      changing life", or "is only looking for them" but
      understands them, eventually must give up poetry to become a
      very nature of the act of creating it, takes us out of
      life. In order to freeze any moment in time,
      immortalize any person, create any world, we must be drawn
      out of it, out of its life essence which moved us so
      greatly in the beginning. This is why Rimbaud did not so
      much turn his back on poetry, but fullfilled the
      prophecies of his poems. Verlaine, Mallarme, and all the
      others who sat in the cafes and salons, mouthing off on
      Rimbaud's decision in comfort, never really truly
      understood; thus, they never became poets...only wrote
      poetry. They missed the all important final step of the
      poet's role.<br><br>I hope to one day be so immersed in
      The Key that there will no longer be a need to write
      poetry. life will be so profound that I will disappear
      into it, and the seeking will end. A poet's goal
      should be to someday never need to write, because. The
      first step to enlightenment is suffering, and poetry is
      suffering, because it is a search for something we don't
      understand, or only vaguely comprehend. Any name we give it
      is only one facet of it many forms.
    • emiliano
      Message 88 of 88 , May 12, 2006
        jaaaaaaaaaaaaja very funny , man
        --- In avoyantnamedarthurrimbaud@yahoogroups.com, redangelx31 wrote:

        > I THINK I AM GOING TO START A CLUB ON YAHOO. IT SHALL BE
        CALLED "LONELY FAT BASTARDS" THINK IT'LL FLY? SEE, I AM ONE OF THE
        BROKEN WHORES OF ETERNITY