Re: [avenues2] Rolling

  • Bonnie
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
      A very loud WOOHOO for Celeste!!!! It is so exciting when they make improvements! You be patient and throughout this kids life you will be amazed! She will be doing things you never thought she would be able to do. Emma turned 5 and finally started walking on her own. It seemed for a while that she would never quite get there. She has almost no bicept muscle in her left arm and yet she bends over and picks up sticks in the yard to help me out, picks up balls and throws them. If you would have asked me when she was 14 months would she ever do these things I would have said that I hope so, but in my heart there would be serious doubt. Hang in there and love that baby girl!!!!

      Bonnie (Ellen 13, Peter 11, and Emma 5 a.m.c.) Alabama
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
        Thanks, Bonnie! I am very exicted for Emma, also. I also have a 3 year old
        girl who keeps me very busy.
        Deena ----- Original Message -----
        > A very loud WOOHOO for Celeste!!!! It is so exciting when they make
        improvements! You be patient and throughout this kids life you will be
        amazed! She will be doing things you never thought she would be able to do.
        Emma turned 5 and finally started walking on her own. It seemed for a while
        that she would never quite get there. She has almost no bicept muscle in
        her left arm and yet she bends over and picks up sticks in the yard to help
        me out, picks up balls and throws them. If you would have asked me when
        she was 14 months would she ever do these things I would have said that I
        hope so, but in my heart there would be serious doubt. Hang in there and
        love that baby girl!!!!

        > Bonnie (Ellen 13, Peter 11, and Emma 5 a.m.c.) Alabama

      • Lindsey
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
          Deena,
          Way to go Celeste!!! She's an inspriation! My 6 month old has yet to roll, and isn't doing much but lying around and is so happy though. I know you are very proud :) Keep up the good work momma!

          Lindsey

        • Deena Landreneau
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
            Thanks Lindsey,

            Celeste is also a happy baby. She is content sitting around watching big
            sister play. Deena
            > Way to go Celeste!!! She's an inspriation! My 6 month old has yet to
            roll, and isn't doing much but lying around and is so happy though. I know
            you are very proud :) Keep up the good work momma!

            > Lindsey

          • Lori Hays
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2003
              Congratulations Deena and Celeste!! These kids are so amazing!! In their own
              way and their own time, they accomplish so much more than we think they
              will!

              Our Ema just started riding a tricycle!!! NEVER in my wildest dreams did I
              think she would ever be able to do this! I can remember her first IEP goal
              - to pull herself up to her walker!! She is such an inspiration to us. And
              if I can brag just a little bit more, she also was just awarded the Andover
              Optimist Student of the Year Award for her determination, positive attitude
              and can-do personality!!!

              I love hearing about everyone's achievements - keep sharing!

              Lori and 4 year old Ema
              Distal Arthrogryposis
            • tjohns7147@cs.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 2, 2003
                Yay Celeste!!! What a feeling when your child makes such a big achievement.
                How wonderful. TJ has been taking a step or two at PT by himself lately. Well
                Thursday he managed 24 steps by himself during his one hour therapy session.
                This weekend he just started going about 10 - 14 steps at a time consistently.
                It is amazing how when it clicks for them, they seem to master it so quickly.
                Our kids all seem to have such determination. Just sit back and prepare to be
                amazed.

                God Bless- Sharon and TJ(3 yrs. w/amc)

              • kim harris
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 3, 2003
                  hi sharon and tj
                  thats brilliant!!! how wonderfull you must be so proud,
                  big hugs and kisses
                  kim(england)

                  http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess