Re: [avenues2] Digest Number 142

  • Anson & Caroline Chamblin
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
      Hi there,
      I called MDA in Seattle Friday to find out if Arthrogryposis qualifies and
      the rep there said no. I think possibly neurogenic might qualify, but no
      kids I know qualify when we have been at arthrogryposis clinic for the past
      7 years in Seattle. There might be some but I never met any of them at
      clinic.
      Caroline Chamblin
      I am looking into Easter Seals camps for my son, anyone have any information
      about that?
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2003
        When we took our son Max to the Arthrogryposis Clinic in Seattle MDA covered
        the costs that our insurance would not cover. Max has amyoplasia form of
        Arthrogryposis. We were told that that was the only form they would cover
        and that if Dr. Hall diagnosed him with something different we would not be
        covered. I don't know if this helps or makes any sense?

        Cristin

        > My neuro has a MDA representative at his MDA clinic (which is where he has
        my
        > daughter seen). This fall I spoke with her and she said that Abby doesn't
        > qualify and her doctor concurred. Abby has an unspecified,
        non-progressive
        > neuromuscular disease with arthrogryposis. I am curious to know if we
        could
        > qualify???
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Lita Parke

      • Betty Hicks
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2003
          Caroline,

          I know a lot about the Easter Seals Camps, well I do for Wisconsin. I used to volunteer in their main office here in Madison until they ran out of work for me. Anyways that's not what you wanted to know, you want to know about the Camps. I would got to the Easter Seals Main webpage and there you can choose your state and find out where the nearest camp is for you. Not all states have Easter Seals camps, I do know that much.

          http://www.easter-seals.org/

          I found this website for you, I hope this helps. If you need to, what I did was I typed Easter Seals into a search engine and I got a lot of results and they had easter seals listed for each state.

          Betty
          Madison, WI