Re: [avenues2] Re: Osteotomies

  • reltectec@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 1, 2002
      In a message dated 9/30/02 1:32:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      lisa_r_from_canada@... writes:

      > Been there, done that...will kick his
      > sorry butt if he gets cranky on me again. LOL

      Isn't it funny how a mom can go from the nicest, sweetest person in the world
      to the biggest nightmare of a doctor in 5.2!!!!!!!!! Doctors are not given a
      class in bed side manners, Maybe we can all get rich in teaching one, but be
      my luck they wouldn't sign up for it.
      Traci (Tuckers mom)

    • lisa_r_from_canada
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 1, 2002
        Yes, you are right. They should come up with a law that would force
        doctors to go for a customer service class before they start
        practcing. Then they can give em' a refresher course every 5 years
        lol.

        Lisa R

        --- In avenues2@y..., reltectec@a... wrote:
        > In a message dated 9/30/02 1:32:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
        > lisa_r_from_canada@y... writes:
        >

        > > Been there, done that...will kick his
        > > sorry butt if he gets cranky on me again. LOL
        > >

        > Isn't it funny how a mom can go from the nicest, sweetest person in
        the world
        > to the biggest nightmare of a doctor in 5.2!!!!!!!!! Doctors are not
        given a
        > class in bed side manners, Maybe we can all get rich in teaching
        one, but be
        > my luck they wouldn't sign up for it.
        > Traci (Tuckers mom)

      • Darrin and Jaime Brown
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 2, 2002
          I think that class should be mandatory!

          Jaime, Darrin, Dylan and Casey Brown
          jddncb@...
          Check out Dylan's Web-Page at http://communities.msn.com/JDnD
          Check out Casey's Web-Page at http://communities.msn.com/JDnC

        • M71665@aol.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 9, 2002
            Can someone tell me what Osteotomies is?
            Michelle

          • Tamra Garner
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 10, 2002
              Hi Michelle,
              an osteotomy is a surgery in which a bone is cut through, a cross-section of
              bone is removed, and then the two remaining pieces of bone are held together
              to heal with a plate and screws.
              they are done for a variety of reasons. my son has had them done on both
              femurs ( upper legs) in order to get his legs to stay in the hip sockets.
              His limited and overly tight muscles and tendons kept dislocating his hips.
              Tamra