AMC MINI MEETUP - Ft. Belvoir (DC Area)

  • lalabonita
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2013
      August 3rd

      This year's meet-up will be held at Castle Club Picnic Area on Fort Belvoir, VA. This is a beautiful location that sits on the beach of Accotink Bay. Amenities include a handicap accessible pier, two pavilions, restrooms, play equipment, volleyball area, and stunning views. We hope that you'll join us for a day of family and fun - celebrating our AMC families!

      Some awesome AMC Moms (Christal Bardfield, Katy Cipolla, and Ani Samargian) will be hosting the second annual AMC meetup at the Castle Club Picnic Area on Fort Belvoir, VA on August 3rd, 2013 for families touched by Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita (AMC). This is a fantastic location that sits on Accotink Bay!
      Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita or AMC is a rare neuromuscular disorder characterized by joint contractures and muscle weakness.

      Throughout the year, around the US, many mini meet ups are held for AMC families who may not be able to attend AMCSI's annual conferences. This is the second meet-up for the Mid Atlantic Area. The first was an incredible success!

      This is especially important for this region this year, as National Convention will be held in Las Vegas, NV and many in this area cannot afford to travel that distance to attend.

      The purpose of the meet up is to spread awareness for this rare
      disorder, bring together the families for support, and most importantly to bring the "Little AMCers" together to be around children who are "Just like them!"

      The money collected will go towards food, drink, supplies, arts and crafts and games for the event. Even the smallest donation will go a long way in making this an event to remember for our AMC families :) Supporters can also help by sharing our fundraiser with their families and friends.

      We offer our sincerest gratitude for your donations and for making these events possible!