adaptive equipment for washing hair

  • suedeweert
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12, 2008
      Hi there - Any ideas for a 12 year-old girl in the hairwashing area?
      We need some suggestions for independence in this area. She has AMC in
      upper extremities only, with no active flexion in either elbow. Can
      passively bend them, however, to about 90 degrees. Also, needs a shelf
      or bar to raise her arms above 90 degrees or so. Is there anything out
      there that she could just back up against in the shower with her head
      perhaps and the shampoo could come out...any thoughts at all would be
      much appreciated!
    • HGPinTexas@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 23, 2008
        I am not sure if this will help, but my daughter's main struggle was getting
        shampoo out of the bottle, so we got a dispenser from target. Has 3 slots
        -- body wash, shampoo, conditioner. you adhere it to the shower wall at
        whatever height you want. It cost about $20 and I found in the bath section.

        Donna

        2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

      • Diane Voigt
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 23, 2008
          Sue,

          There are some automatic shampoo dispensers out there somewhere, I've seen them in catalogues. I just don't remember where. If I run across a catalogue that has one I'll let you know.

          The Inactive (New Active VERY BUSY New Member),
          Diane Voigt

        • Sue DeWeert
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 24, 2008
            Wow - this would be great if she didn't have to physically push those knobs. They aren't the easiest things in the world. Thanks for the suggestion - I'll start researching it Sue

            There are some automatic shampoo dispensers out there somewhere, I've seen them in catalogues. I just don't remember where. If I run across a catalogue that has one I'll let you know.

            The Inactive (New Active VERY BUSY New Member),
            Diane Voigt

            Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailĀ®-get your "fix".
            http://www.msnmobil efix.com/ Default.aspx