Re: [avenues2] Re: Torticollis

  • Bonnie Foxall
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 12, 2007
      s_rudder wrote:

      > Thanks for the info.......I'm going to look into that. My daughter's
      > rotation is much better, just lacking a little bit to the left, but the
      > tilt is still awful.
      >
      > --- In avenues2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:avenues2%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "Jaime" <jddncb@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Our 8-year-old son had a very severe torticollis when he was born.
      > He couldn't turn his head at all. We started Myofacial Release therapy
      > which worked miracles. By the time he was a year (even less) you could
      > never tell his neck was affected and it has never tightened back up.
      > He also has scoliosis (49 degrees) and is very severely affected in his
      > other joints. I can try to answer any questions if you have them.
      > >
      > > Jaime

      I'll tell you, I just check in now and again and there is always
      something to learn! Emma was born with a stiff neck when she was born.
      So it has a name huh? Torticollis. Okay> :) She is 9 years old now
      and although her neck really isn't stiff, she tends to pull her head
      down like that when I dry her hair, or when she is preparing to catch a
      ball and tensing up, or getting her teeth brushed. Her head was kind of
      smushed in a little on the one side but that went away in time. I
      thought she would always have a misshapen head but it turns out she is
      okay there. I really should get a book on Arthrogryposis but they are
      so expensive! I really wonder why we didn't have to have constant
      therapy on her neck like we did her other joints.

      Bonnie Somerville, Alabama Ellen (17),
      Peter (15) Emma (9) A.M.C.