What a day!

  • David and Bonnie
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2002
      Hey Lori, Emma and I had a great time with you and Masha over lunch. I
      am glad we were able to work it out.

      (I wanted to share something with you and anyone else that cares to
      read this.) Funny thing happened on my way home though, remember how I
      didn't need money for just an hour trip home? (Lori had to pay 6$ of my
      bill because I didn't realize that I hadn't activated my new check card
      yet - how embarassing!) I about ran out of gas! I had to call the
      police from a Shell station and get them to give me David's SS# so that
      I could activate my check card! What a pain, but I made it home. How
      embarassing!

      Something happened that night too. Around midnight I was awakened by
      the phone. I don't keep a phone in my room so I was stunned to hear it
      ringing! I left the cordless on my dresser. Since David left, the kids
      have been sleeping in my room. I had Emma in bed with me and Ellen on
      the floor to my side, and Peter was on the other side on the floor. I
      don't like night lights, they keep me awake, so the room was pitch
      black! I scrambled for the light on the night stand and somehow slipped
      and slammed my face into it! Not once, not twice, not even three times,
      but FOUR TIMES!!!! I was so disoriented that I kept pulling up only to
      fall again. I couldn't believe this was happening. I cried out "What
      is happening to me?!" I stood up and blood came rushing out of my nose
      and into my cupped hand. I stumbled around Ellen till I reached the
      bedroom light. I turned it on to see blood all over me, my bed, my
      floor, and Ellen's pillow. It was still running! I raced to my
      bathroom and grabbed tissue. That soaked up so much blood so fast that
      I went through two wads of it before I made my way to the kitchen for
      paper towels. I stood in the kitchen holding my nose with an ice pack
      and just started to laugh! This was like being thrown from a moving
      car while you were sleeping! I couldn't believe it. It was a prank
      call too! It said Private call so I couldn't even call them back and
      give them what for! Through all this the kids never woke up. Ellen
      popped her head up once to ask if I was okay. I said NO! and she just
      went back to sleep! Peter and Emma never knew anything happened until
      they saw me in the morning! Unreal huh? Funny I was trying to shut the
      phone up so it wouldn't wake them up! I had a CT scan done this
      morning because my nose may be broken. It is a bit crooked and so sore!
      I can breathe through it, but my sinuses hurt. I have a black eye that
      looks terrible and the whole right side of my face was swollen yesterday
      but looks better today. I am bruised down at my jaw, I think that might
      have been the first hit because the hurt runs up my face to just under
      my eye, then I have 2 marks on the bridge of my nose that leads me to
      believe it hit twice there too! It reminds me of that cartoon on Bugs
      bunny where Daffy Duck is falling asleep and you see Bugs from inside
      his eyes and the screen disappears as he blinks slowly and each time his
      eyes open, Bugs is a little closer, holding a bat! Finally he closes
      his eyes and he sees stars banging around in his head. What a crazy
      thing to happen huh?
      Today I went to the hospital at 7:30 a.m. to have the CT scan done and
      waited in the room for 2 hours before I asked and found out that they
      lost my paper and didn't even know I was there. I got in pretty quick
      after that. I left the hospital and headed for home and noticed the fan
      jerking around some. I had a flat tire! It is a slow leak problem, so
      I got some Fix A Flat from Walmart and sort of fixed it. I pulled the
      thing out too soon and got that junk all over my hands. I smelled like
      a machanic all the way home. I live about 45 minutes away from the
      hospital and only then realized there was something flapping around in
      my windshield wiper. I had a ticket! I parked in Handicapped with an
      expired tag. I didn't even realize that I parked there, but obviously I
      did because I HAVE PROOF NOW! It is such a habit. Emma is with me all
      the time and wants to walk or ride her chair. The funny thing is that I
      didn't realize that I had it for a long time. What if I lost it or it
      blew away? I have to pay it withing 12 days or there will be a warrent
      out for my arrest! My husband is in Kosovo for 3 months and wouldn't
      that be just dandy to have me put in jail?????? It would figure! Well,
      that's my story, but there is always tomorrow. I am afraid to leave
      home! Then again this is the kind of thing that makes life interesting.

      Have a gooooooooood day, Bonnie

    • The Johnsons
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10, 2002
        Ahhh, Bonnie, we really enjoyed our visit with you, too, but you know, we were not suppose to have "who had the worse trip home" contest on that day...really, we weren't!!!! ;0)

        Please let us know what your test reveals when you get the results back.

        BTW, what are your thoughts about this next Wednesday? If it does not work out, Masha will continue to have weekly appointments in Birmingham for a bit.

        You know what would be kind of neat...I think that there is at least one more family in north Alabama on this listing...maybe we could work out a get together sometime soon.

        Bonnie...get some rest...don't try to live such an exciting life!

        Lori

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor