advice

  • tjohns7147@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hi all. I am wondering if anyone's child has experienced a rapid decline in
      mobility due to growth? TJ's heel cord seems to be getting tight and we knew
      that we would have to repeat the surgery on the left leg. Over the past week or
      so (he seems to be growing alot lately) he has been holding on to the walls
      more when he walks and fatigues much easier. His left leg is shorter and the
      difference in length right now seems to be more than usual. We've moved up his
      ortho appointment and are assuming he'll recommend surgery. I guess I'm just
      surprised it happened so fast. Any advice would be appreciated.
      God Bless-
      Sharon

    • JRTowner@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
        I had a growth spurt and my dad had the shoemaker put an extra sole on the
        shoe and I walked a lot better. When I went to the doctor, the gave us a
        prescription for a real shoe lift. Can you put a shoe insert in the shoe? Even a
        quarter of an inch can help.

        Denise

        Dogs are not our whole life,
        But they make our lives whole.