Well, let's open it up.

  • dragonmageus
    Message 1 of 8 , May 8, 2002
      Good to see it virus free, but how are you going to prevent the
      majordomo server from getting in here? I'm just a spouse of a
      member, btw.

      Morkeleb
    • Dan
      Message 2 of 8 , May 8, 2002
        --- dragonmageus <dragonmageus@...> wrote:
        > Good to see it virus free, but how are you going to
        > prevent the majordomo server from getting in here?

        I can prevent that server from joining, but
        unfortunately I do not have it's e-mail address. If
        someone can give me the complete address (all I have
        is majordomo@l) then I will set this list so that it
        can't join.

        =====
        Dan

        http://www.dango727.com
        AOL IM - Dango727
        Yahoo! - dango727
        ICQ - 145748455

        Message 3 of 8 , May 8, 2002
          Sorry . . . I should have saved it from ONE of the 534 e-mails I got from
          majordomo last night . . . instead I unsubscribed and resubscribed here . .
          . thanks for taking the time to set this up -- I appreciate it.
          : ) Amy

          >From: Dan <dan@...>
          >To: avenues2@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [avenues2] Well, let's open it up.
          >Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 03:57:51 -0700 (PDT)
          >
          >--- dragonmageus <dragonmageus@...> wrote:
          > > Good to see it virus free, but how are you going to
          > > prevent the majordomo server from getting in here?
          >
          >I can prevent that server from joining, but
          >unfortunately I do not have it's e-mail address. If
          >someone can give me the complete address (all I have
          >is majordomo@l) then I will set this list so that it
          >can't join.
          >
          >=====
          >Dan
          >
          >http://www.dango727.com
          >AOL IM - Dango727
          >Yahoo! - dango727
          >ICQ - 145748455

          >Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness
          >http://health.yahoo.com

        • HelloKit
          Message 4 of 8 , May 8, 2002
            > I can prevent that server from joining, but unfortunately I do not
            > have it's e-mail address.

            This time it was majordomo@... - last time it was
            something different though... I don't have it anymore. I have a
            feeling the reason these majordomos keep getting subscribed is some-
            how related to the virus that is going around. All it takes is for
            an infected computer to send the virus to the avenues-subscribe ad-
            dress with the majordomo as the return address, and the majordomo
            would be automatically subscribed. So as it continues you may have
            to keep adding more addresses to the ban list, but at least we finally
            have someone around to do that! If you would like any help with main-
            taining this new list, I would be happy to be a second moderator.

            Carly
          • Gion Sialm
            Message 5 of 8 , May 8, 2002
              Hi Dan

              Here it is: majordomo@...

              Claudia

              Message 6 of 8 , May 8, 2002
                We sent our e-mail out at the same time. Therefore I couldn't add the second
                adress of majordomo as well. Though, here the second one I found:

                Majordomo@...

                I hope this helps. All the other stuff in the recycle bin has already been
                deleted.
                Claudia

                > I can prevent that server from joining, but unfortunately I do not
                > have it's e-mail address.

                This time it was majordomo@... - last time it was
                something different though... I don't have it anymore. I have a
                feeling the reason these majordomos keep getting subscribed is some-
                how related to the virus that is going around. All it takes is for
                an infected computer to send the virus to the avenues-subscribe ad-
                dress with the majordomo as the return address, and the majordomo
                would be automatically subscribed. So as it continues you may have
                to keep adding more addresses to the ban list, but at least we finally
                have someone around to do that! If you would like any help with main-
                taining this new list, I would be happy to be a second moderator.

                Carly

              • dango727
                Message 7 of 8 , May 8, 2002
                  Thanks to everyone posting the majordomo addresses. We shouldn't have
                  any problems with those since the attachments feature is turned off
                  on this list. As someone mentioned before, the majordomo posts were
                  from people who had viruses and then it spread throughout their
                  address books and became an endless loop.
                  Hopefully Diane can get her list straightened out, but people have
                  been complaining for a long time about attachments on that list, so I
                  don't understand why she never did anything.
                  This list shouldn't have any problems and won't really need
                  moderation, but I did appoint Carly to assist. So if there's any
                  problems or suggestions, just ask Carly or myself and we'll do
                  whatever we can.

                  Thanks,

                  =====
                  Dan

                  http://www.dango727.com
                  AOL IM - Dango727
                  Yahoo! - dango727
                  ICQ - 145748455
                • Carly Matthews
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 8, 2002
                    At 05:47 PM 5/8/02, you wrote:
                    > This list shouldn't have any problems and won't really need moderat-
                    > ion, but I did appoint Carly to assist. So if there's any problems
                    > or suggestions, just ask Carly or myself and we'll do whatever we
                    > can.

                    Cool, thanks. :o) I agree that we don't need moderation, but it will
                    be nice to have a couple people around who can help when, say... some-
                    one can't figure out how to unsubscribe, etc. etc.

                    Carly