Sv: [avant-progressive] Morsof "Heap"

  • Pierre Tassone
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2003
      And at the same time could you detail us why you think Morsof is so good? Then - and until maybe further - people would have a positive (yours) and a rather negative (mine) opinion to judge (if needed) from. A blank recommandation only tells that you like it but not why. As to Softworks, I'd agree totally with Tomás.

      Pierre

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2003
        On 05/12/2003, at 09:29, Pierre Tassone wrote:

        > And at the same time could you detail us why you think Morsof is so
        > good? Then - and until maybe further - people would have a positive
        > (yours) and a rather negative (mine) opinion to judge (if needed)
        > from. A blank recommandation only tells that you like it but not why.
        > As to Softworks, I'd agree totally with Tomás.

        Oh, absolutely. I apologise, as most on this list are not familiar
        with my musical tastes, so I suppose further commentary is in order...
        Anyway, why did I think Morsof is so good? For starters, I loved the
        raw recording quality, it's clear no studio trickery was involved. Then
        there's the absolute energy coming from those improvs. You know, those
        (improvs) can be problematic, sometimes very good but also sometimes
        very meandering and pointless, and what struck me with these guys was
        how inspired they were, with instruments placed at the right moment and
        short, to-the-point solos. It's clear to me they were having tons of
        fun recording this stuff!
        I'm not a reviewer, so I won't attempt to make this a full blown
        review. I just wanted to clue people in on some good music, and I just
        provided the Soft Works album as a reference point. You're still free
        to dislike either album, for all I care.

        cheers,
        Alex.

        NP: The Move - s/t