Re[2]: [avant-progressive] Danny Ben-Israel - The Kathmandu Sessions

  • Doug Kushner
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hi Meidad,

      Thanks for the detailed info. I don't own any country music now and don't plan to in the future. :) I will pass on this one for now.

      Doug

      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2003
        > you do love bullshit then you might enjoy
        >those 15 minutes a lot.

        Man, I persoally sure love bullshit! That's why I entered the music business!

        (sorry - was too good of a straight line to resist!)

        Steve
      • Meidad Zaharia
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 1, 2003
          > > you do love bullshit then you might enjoy
          > >those 15 minutes a lot.
          >
          > Man, I persoally sure love bullshit! That's why I entered the music business!
          >
          > (sorry - was too good of a straight line to resist!)
          >
          > Steve

          Hey Steve, this was the intentention! :)
          It's bullshit after all........

          NP: Cabaret Voltaire - Methodology 74/78

          Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
          http://companion.yahoo.com/
        • Ivan Lapse
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 1, 2003
            I'm looking to make a holiday gift of the first three
            box sets of the Leo's Soviet Avant Garde Jazz. Can
            anyone recommend a reliable retailer for these, or let
            me know in advance if the first three have already
            sold out before I contact Leo directly? Steve - do
            you carry these recordings?!

            Thanks in advance!

            Ivan

            http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
          • aguilei@racsa.co.cr
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 1, 2003
              Hi!
              You can buy them directly from Leo. He is a very nice person and Im
              sure he would be very helpful. Also, his turnaround time is very fast.
              Sincerily
              Ricardo Aguilar

              > I'm looking to make a holiday gift of the first three
              > box sets of the Leo's Soviet Avant Garde Jazz. Can
              > anyone recommend a reliable retailer for these, or let
              > me know in advance if the first three have already
              > sold out before I contact Leo directly? Steve - do
              > you carry these recordings?!
              >
              > Thanks in advance!
              >
              > Ivan

              > -~-->
              > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or
              Lexmark

              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 1, 2003
                Leo are carried by City Hall Distribution in California. They are a regular,
                full - line, full - service indie distributior.

                we don't stock these, but thanks for asking.

                I would assume that ANY of the online vendors (CD Connection, CD Universe,
                etc) would have them and have them in time for you.

                Any other suggestions anyone?

                Steve

                >I'm looking to make a holiday gift of the first three
                >box sets of the Leo's Soviet Avant Garde Jazz. Can
                >anyone recommend a reliable retailer for these, or let
                >me know in advance if the first three have already
                >sold out before I contact Leo directly? Steve - do
                >you carry these recordings?!

              • Fran├žois Couture
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 1, 2003
                  > I would assume that ANY of the online vendors (CD Connection, CD Universe,
                  > etc) would have them and have them in time for you.
                  >
                  > Any other suggestions anyone?

                  Well, if I can toot my Canadian horn ;-) there's always that good ol' Verge
                  Music at www.vergemusic.com, who's been carrying Leo records for years. Very
                  good prices (although with that damn Canadian dollar being so high on the
                  markets these days...) and always an outstanding service. And tell Daniel
                  Kernohan I say hi!

                  np: absolutely nothing at all, except for that non-stop ringing in my ears

                  Francois Couture
                  Writer, journalist (All-Music Guide, Ici), translator, proofreader.
                  Producer of Delire Actuel and Delire Musical, CFLX.

                  Personal webpage / Page personnelle: http://membres.lycos.fr/fcouture
                  Visitez / Visit the All-Music Guide at http://www.allmusic.com
                • mark jung
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 1, 2003
                    Alright, let me ask YOU a question --

                    how do I get on your holiday list?

                    Mark

                    >I'm looking to make a holiday gift of the first three
                    >box sets of the Leo's Soviet Avant Garde Jazz. Can
                    >anyone recommend a reliable retailer for these, or let
                    >me know in advance if the first three have already
                    >sold out before I contact Leo directly? Steve - do
                    >you carry these recordings?!
                    >
                    >Thanks in advance!
                    >
                    >Ivan

                    Groove on the latest from the hot new rock groups! Get downloads, videos,
                    and more here. http://special.msn.com/entertainment/wiredformusic.armx
                  • Ivan Lapse
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 2, 2003
                      --- mark jung <markvj@...> wrote:
                      > Alright, let me ask YOU a question --
                      >
                      > how do I get on your holiday list?
                      >
                      > Mark

                      Ha! Well, uh, it's an arcane ritual involving
                      Non-Euclidean Geometry. :)

                      Seriously, thanks to everyone who wrote in with the
                      suggestions about vendors for these sets. I was sorta
                      under the impression that they had all dried up, but
                      it looks as if they are all still more than available
                      at very reasonable prices.

                      Now if I could only find a copy of the original
                      CONSPIRACY box set from a decade ago . . . got a copy
                      of this to spare Mark? That would get you on my
                      holiday list quick like. :)

                      Thanks again!

                    • StoOdin101@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 2, 2003
                        In a message dated 12/2/2003 7:19:02 PM Eastern Standard Time, ivanlapse@... writes:

                        > Ha! Well, uh, it's an arcane ritual involving
                        > Non-Euclidean Geometry. :)

                        Yogge-Sothothe neblod Zin and all that Christmas cheer, huh?

                        "There's nothing to be afraid of, honey; it's only SCIENCE FICTION!"
                      • aguilei@racsa.co.cr
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 3, 2003
                          Hi!
                          It seems we have similar musical tastes. That box is really a must if
                          you are into soviet jazz. Besides all the releases on "Leo Records" I
                          can reccomend also the releases on the "Sonore" label and on "Solyd
                          Records", both from Moscow. They have a special set of releases from
                          Sergey Kuryokhin, Vladimir Tarasov and from Biosintesis and Vladimir
                          Chekasin.
                          I bought Conspiracy from Leo last year and it was still available last
                          time I check. Try to get them directly, it is the best way.
                          Sincerily
                          Ricardo Aguilar

                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 3, 2003
                            Nah, Yog has a nasty habit of never RSVPing in time
                            for our annual Christmas parties - so we've given up
                            on him. Hoping instead to channel the spirits of
                            Daumal (for a night of *SERIOUS DRINKING*),
                            Lobachevsky and Riemann.

                            Yours in arcane Christmas ritual party invitations.

                            Ivan

                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 3, 2003
                              Hello Ricardo,

                              Thanks for writing.

                              I've been browsing the Leo label website and haven't
                              seen the CONSPIRACY box set, nor did I see it about a
                              year ago when I last checked into it. I *did* see a
                              set offered through eBay go for large sums of cash.
                              However, your email has filled me with a great sense
                              of hope - so I'll most definitely contact Leo directly
                              and see if they have any copies left.

                              Except for the French / Japanese *Sonore* label, I
                              wasn't familar with any other label by this name.
                              I'll defintely look into this and *Solyd* as well.

                              A composer whom I think I've gotten everything on
                              Melodiya - but whom I'd like to run by you anyway is
                              the great Vyachelslav Ovchinnikov? Might you (or
                              anyone on this list) know of any releases from
                              Ovchinnikov that did not appear on Melodiya?

                              Thanks again for your suggestions, and thanks in
                              advance for your help.

                              Cheers,

                              Ivan

                              Message 14 of 17 , Dec 4, 2003
                                Obviously my memory is simply not what it used to be:
                                I mixed up the Conspiracy and DOCUMENT box sets.
                                Sorry for any confusion engendered by my confusion and
                                thanks again for letting me know that Conspiracy is
                                still very much available.

                                Cheers,

                                Ivan

                                Message 15 of 17 , Dec 4, 2003
                                  Hi!
                                  Document has not been avaialable for the last 3 years or so. If
                                  anyone is willing to sell one at a fair price (its christmas, time of
                                  giving) I would be the happiest man it can be.
                                  Sincerily
                                  Ricardo Aguilar