Re: [avant-progressive] Ne Zhadali

  • François Couture
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2, 2003
      > From: "Plonk!" <progczar@...>
      > Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 19:07:09 -0400
      > To: <avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: [avant-progressive] Ne Zhadali
      >
      > I just got turned onto these amazing folks and want to procure CD's..
      > ....can anyone point me to a cost effective source for them.

      Hi there Cesar and welcome to the joy of Ne Zhdali. I've been turned on to
      this band the most violent way: I saw them live at FIMAV back in 1996. It
      remains one of the most amazing performances I've seen.

      Udi already gave you the rundown on their discography. I doubt you'll be
      able to find the two RecRec titles, but ask the usual mail-orders, someone
      might have a copy left somewhere.

      I just found out that there is a new Ne Zhdali song on the just-released
      compilation 2-CD set A Classic Guide to No Man's Land. It's the last track
      the band recorded before taking a break in 2000. They're still on break. And
      it's a good track, in the vein of the smoother material on Whatever Happens,
      Twist!.

      And Meidad: maybe those two RecRec albums are up for reissuing. Driver Cool
      Down the Horses would strongly benefit from a good remastering job.

      Enjoy!

      Francois Couture
      Writer, journalist (All-Music Guide, Ici), translator, proofreader.
      Producer of Delire Actuel and Delire Musical, CFLX.

      Personal webpage / Page personnelle: http://membres.lycos.fr/fcouture
      Visitez / Visit the All-Music Guide at http://www.allmusic.com
    • umiranda@ligbr.com.br
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2003
        I was blown away listening to
        Isildurs Bane - Mind Vol. 4 yesterday.
        Id like to get the original but imports
        are too expensive to me.
        Please , write me privately
        if interested in Brazilian Stuff
        i can get easily .
        Any people in Proggnosis can
        recommend me as a good trader.

        TIA
        Miranda

        (BTW - First Som Imaginário was just re-released)
      • Boris Martzinovsky
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2003
          --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, François Couture
          <delire@u...> wrote:

          > And Meidad: maybe those two RecRec albums are up for reissuing.
          Driver Cool
          > Down the Horses would strongly benefit from a good remastering job.

          She-Ye-Ye was reissued by a Russian label named Solnze Records
          http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/1027335

          I think that Hey Driver was reissued by Review Records in Germany.

          _____
          boris
        • markvj
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 2, 2003
            "Rhinoceroses & Other Forms of Life" is fantastic. They also had a
            good album (as far as I know, only on vinyl) on FeeLee (sp?) at the
            time the Soviet Union fell apart and Melodya, where everything in the
            Union was released, was supplanted by a number of Russian indy labels.
            I remember walking into a local shop and seeing all these oddball
            Russian records one day, and one of them was the NZ album. Frankly, I
            don't know what's still in print.

            Anyway, one vote for...

            --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, "Plonk!" <progczar@s...> wrote:
            > I just got turned onto these amazing folks and want to procure CD's..
            > ...can anyone point me to a cost effective source for them.
            >
            > I am getting mp3's by the truckload, but will need to purchase for
            certain!!

            > Cesar

          • Meidad Zaharia
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 2, 2003
              > And Meidad: maybe those two RecRec albums are up for reissuing. Driver Cool
              > Down the Horses would strongly benefit from a good remastering job.

              LoL, I feel like the godfather of all the OOP CD's ;-)

              Well, I like this band a lot BUT I was never smashed hearing them
              so I don't think I will be running on those...

              I do have a secret SMOKER on the horizon...

              Bon-Soir monami,

              Meidad

              http://shopping.yahoo.com