re: VDGG

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 24, 2003
      The bassist was Nic Potter, who left in the middle of recording 'H to HE',
      because 'things got too intense'.
    • dj fak√©
      Message 2 of 5 , May 9, 2005
        back from the VDGG reunion show at RFH. by all accounts was quite a
        success; equal amounts of fear and excitement fueled both band and crowd
        through the setlist from Heaven; Undercover Man, Scorched Earth,
        Refugees, Every Bloody Emperor, Lemmings, Nutter Alert, Darkness
        (11/11), (In The) Black Room, Masks, Childlike Faith in Childhood's End,
        The Sleepwalkers, Man-erg and the encores, Killer, Wondering.

        charles
      • Cuneiform / Wayside
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 25, 2009
          I saw VDGG last night at a nice place and it was a really great show.

          They did a majority of new stuff, which on one level was a bit of a
          let down, but the new stuff was very good and basically once I got
          over the dissapointment of not seeing 'all my old favorites' I
          completely enjoyed. AND it means they intend on being a band, which
          is nice.

          But they pulled out Gog/Magog, which was UNBELIVEABLE and well worth
          the price of admission alone. I couldn't believe I was watching a
          trio of 62 year old men just TEARING into this weird, scary piece of
          music.

          If they come to your town, go see them.

          Steve
        • Bob Netherton
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 27, 2009
            Hey Steve - we sure missed you at NEARfest. Vdgg on Friday night
            pretty much tore up the place. Like you I was a bit disappointed (at
            first) by the amount of Trisector material but once they got into the
            bulk of it I thought it was pretty darned good. Scortched Earth was
            amazing and the highlight of their set.

            Bob

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Jun 25, 2009, at 5:02 AM, Cuneiform / Wayside <CuneiWay@...>
            wrote:

            > I saw VDGG last night at a nice place and it was a really great show.
            >
            > They did a majority of new stuff, which on one level was a bit of a
            > let down, but the new stuff was very good and basically once I got
            > over the dissapointment of not seeing 'all my old favorites' I
            > completely enjoyed. AND it means they intend on being a band, which
            > is nice.
            >
            > But they pulled out Gog/Magog, which was UNBELIVEABLE and well worth
            > the price of admission alone. I couldn't believe I was watching a
            > trio of 62 year old men just TEARING into this weird, scary piece of
            > music.
            >
            > If they come to your town, go see them.
            >
            > Steve

          • Cuneiform / Wayside
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 29, 2009
              Hi Bob

              Thanks for the note!

              Glad they tore it all up; all the reports from all of the shows have
              been very positive.

              It was a real big deal to see them to me!

              Best!

              Steve