RE: [avant-progressive] Re: Hard Zeuhl

  • Nick Lejejs
    Message 1 of 9 , May 8, 2000
      <Tooting Weasel's Horn> ...

      I have 5 of your guys' albums and would definately say that fans of harder
      more experimental prog would probably appreciate what you guys do.
      Definately Naked City similarities but much scarier and more raw. Very
      recommended.

      Nick

      PS: Can you post attachments to these messages? MP3's etc? I'll give it a
      shot.

      Message 2 of 9 , May 15, 2000
        Hi everybody,
        A band that I have curiosity about their sound is the THIRD EAR BAND.
        I have never listen to them, it was that thing: I would rather this one
        that I have already known them, NEXT time I will try this band.
        I would like to know the opinion from you about them and some information
        too.
        Best
        Renato
      • Gary Davis
        Message 3 of 9 , May 16, 2000
          At 10:37 AM 5/16/00 -0000, Renato wrote:

          > Hi everybody,
          > A band that I have curiosity about their sound is the THIRD EAR BAND.
          > I have never listen to them, it was that thing: I would rather this one
          >that I have already known them, NEXT time I will try this band.

          Here's a couple soundbites for their albums Macbeth, and Abelard & Heloise:

          <http://www.artist-shop.com/voiceprt/macbeth.ram>
          <http://www.artist-shop.com/voiceprt/abelard.ram>

          Both of these albums are acoustic with an overall baroque feel to them.

          Gary

          Gary Davis
          The Artist Shop The Other Road
          http://www.artist-shop.com artshop@...
          phone: 877-856-1158, 330-929-2056 fax:330-945-4923
          INDEPENDENT PROGRESSIVE MUSIC!!!
          Check out the latest Artist Shop newsletter at
          http://www.artist-shop.com/news.htm
        • Renato de Moraes
          Message 4 of 9 , May 17, 2000
            Hi all,
            There is a new Thierry Zaboitzeff CD.
            Does anybody know it?

            I have almost all Zab stuff and I think Promethee, Dr. Zab and Heartbeat
            are really good, but I din't like to much the last two CDs, India and Alice.

            I would like to know how does the new CD is? Is there musicians or just
            the Robotic Orchestra (what means Zab and his studio)?

            Best
            Renato
          • Renato de Moraes
            Message 5 of 9 , May 18, 2000
              Hi all,

              > Are you talking about the album, Dr. Zab and his Robotic Strings Orchestra?

              No, Nick it is the one Jerome told about. The name of this album is:
              THIERRY ZABOITZEFF & CREW – Miniaturen

              Sebastian, about the other 3 last Zab CDs I have I can draw some comments:

              Heartbeat - it is ok, almost romantic on some parts, my girl friend loves
              it, but you won't listen that blasts of rock music. A very calm recording.
              A cover of The Who and one form Korsakow (?), i am not sure about that.

              India - a mixing between world music and eletronics. Most of world music
              are live recordings that Zab should recorded on India, with mainly vocals.
              Some Gregorian chant too. At the end there is one track with lots of tapes
              with indian vocals, gregorian chant and a disco beat! It is music for a
              ballet and I didn't like too much.

              Alice - it is the last one I have. I got last november and I didn't like
              too much at the first two times I have listened to it, so I didn't listen
              to it again.

              It seems that Zab moved to Austria to live there. It was an information I
              saw at Art Zoyd web site and a guy that works with lights for Art Zoyd
              (sorry I forgot his name) told me that Zab doesn't want to reissue the
              first Lp as CD.

              Renato
            • The Lighthouse Keeper
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 29, 2003
                At 01:39 PM 4/29/2003 +0000, you wrote:
                >so, what zab releases must one avoid? i liked "dr zab & robotic strings",
                >and much of "dr. zab vol. 2" is pretty good, but they should have considered
                >a different singer for the beatles songs than oscar the grouch.
                >the later stuff i've heard, like "india", didn't do much. for me. what else
                >should i be looking for?

                I like Nebensonnen and Miniaturen, the latter even more than Dr.Zab &
                Robotic Strings.
                Not sure exactly what you like and don't like about the ones you've heard
                other than the vocals, but those two are (in my mind at least) much more
                satisfying than India (altho Nebensonnen is on the quiet side, seems less
                aggressive than others). My 2 cents.

              • moraes@unb.br
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 29, 2003
                  Hi Mark and all,
                  For me Dr Zab and Heartbeat are good, India is OK, Alice is boring, although
                  it is a bit more original than Heartbeat. I didn't like Miniaturen that is a
                  live one where he uses LOTS of tapes from Heartbeat and play live over it with
                  other 2 guys.
                  Renato

                  Quoting The Lighthouse Keeper <ptlk@...>:

                  > At 01:39 PM 4/29/2003 +0000, you wrote:
                  > >so, what zab releases must one avoid? i liked "dr zab & robotic strings",
                  > >and much of "dr. zab vol. 2" is pretty good, but they should have
                  > considered
                  > >a different singer for the beatles songs than oscar the grouch.
                  > >the later stuff i've heard, like "india", didn't do much. for me. what else
                  > >should i be looking for?
                  >
                  > I like Nebensonnen and Miniaturen, the latter even more than Dr.Zab &
                  > Robotic Strings.
                  > Not sure exactly what you like and don't like about the ones you've heard
                  > other than the vocals, but those two are (in my mind at least) much more
                  > satisfying than India (altho Nebensonnen is on the quiet side, seems less
                  > aggressive than others). My 2 cents.

                  > Community email addresses:
                  > Post message: avant-progressive@...
                  > Subscribe: avant-progressive-subscribe@...
                  >
                  > Shortcut URL to this page:

                  Mail enviado através do WebMail/UnB
                  CPD - Centro de Informática
                • dertunkler
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 6, 2003
                    I always thought it was Cookie Monster...

                    I love all the work of the Great Zaboitzeff, but my favorite Zab
                    vocals still has to be Art Zoyds Berlin, which I had listened to for
                    two years on a copied cassette before getting it on CD and
                    discovering that the Eastern European language I was hearing with
                    cool lines like "Archipess Dovko", and "By ez pracking omme tombs,
                    were actually lines from Macbeth. ("Macbeth doth come" and "By the
                    pricking of my thumbs"). Who cares? Musically, he has no peer.

                    --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, The Lighthouse Keeper