Re: Sv: Sv: [avant-progressive] Re: Myrbein / APM

  • mark jung
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
      pierre -

      they were the pieces included on the AMP release, indeed.

      mark

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
        Pierre,

        > The musicians from the finnish group Hoyry Kone could tell you
        > how *much* they have appreciated the production of their music by APM.

        Is that ironical or has it to be understood straightly ?
        The ESKATON guys clearly go for the first ......

        Alain

      • Ulf S. Danielsson
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
            > I see. I misunderstood the "production" comment verse a pure
            > financial-related matter. Yes, that *is* bad. Doesn't sound like Ulf
            > is a strong businessman (bankruptcy court, doesn't pay debts).

            Dear friends,

            I think the three sentences above, more or less explains it all.

            Ad Perpetuam Memoriam was owned and supposed to be run by Michael Thörne and I (Ulf S. Danielsson). However unfortunately only ONE of us tried to take responsibility for running the company. This to a degree, that most people (like Tom) refer to APM as a company owned and run by Ulf S. Danielsson.

            Since the start back in 1992 I have NOT only spent more or less all hours awake taking care of APM, working and studying but also had a family of two children.

            During more than ten years I have repeatedly asked for Michael Thörne taking his fair part of the responsibilities, however he have failed to do so. When I finally handled all administration (paper work) over to Michael, it only took some six months until HE (NOT any company or artists) asked for the company to be declared bankrupt.

            I responded to this by offering to take over all responsibilities and run the company on my own. This however was turned down by Michael and his lawyer. Why? This way everyone had got paid and APM had been able to continue release interesting music. Obviously he had taken a decision that at any costs this company should NOT continue its activities without him as a part owner. By acting like this I feel pretty sure that NOT everyone will get full payment.

            So what can I do now?

            In a year or two I can start a new company on my own and continue releasing the catalogue once planed for APM.

            Meanwhile I only have one humble wish. Do NOT give me full responsibility for the unfortunate situation of APM.

            All the best to you!

            Uffe

            P.S. Most artists including Höyry-Kone have received more records than the value of their royalties. Höyry-Kone owe APM some 1200 USD. So why they are disappointed is a mystery.

            Ulf S. Danielsson

            Sturegatan 21, 2tr
            SE-78431 Borlaenge
            Sweden
            Cell: 073-568 88 49

            E-mail: ulf_danielsson@...
            ICQ UIN: 1332723
            MSN Messenger: ulf_danielsson@...
            HomePage: http://www.progmusic.dyndns.org/
            "Vixit, dum vixit, lætus"
            NP: Spocks Beard
          • ashratemp
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
              > Dear friends,
              >
              > I think the three sentences above, more or less explains it all.
              >
              > Ad Perpetuam Memoriam was owned and supposed to be run by Michael
              >Thörne and I (Ulf S. Danielsson). However unfortunately only ONE of
              >us tried to take responsibility for running the company. This to a
              >degree, that most people (like Tom) refer to APM as a company owned
              >and run by Ulf S. Danielsson.>>

              Interesting. And you're right, I did think it was your company.

              > Meanwhile I only have one humble wish. Do NOT give me full
              >responsibility for the unfortunate situation of APM.

              Deal. Good luck with your new company. I certainly enjoyed (and
              continue to enjoy) most of APM's output throughout the 90's. Good
              selection of old and new material!

              > All the best to you!
              >
              > Uffe

              Thanks for posting. Legal matters are always a tough situation.

              - Tom
            • Meidad Zaharia
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 1, 2003
                Ulf,

                How are you my friend?

                I know the problems you are going with your ex partner
                and I really wish you good luck with the new label which you
                must do.
                I think that you are THE Person behind APM both in the
                GREAT Reissues and image of APM which for me was really GREAT.
                I think that also in this news group you can see how much APM
                releases are appriciated (Except Jasun Marts :)
                Anyway, I think this is a good sign for you to start over!

                If you have left overs to sell I will be happy to help you sell
                as much as needed to cover the depthes.

                Best,

                Meidad

                http://platinum.yahoo.com