Re: Koenji`s Nivraym

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 4, 2003
      > Nivraym is also pretty damn great,

      Agreed, but it sounds muddy, & lacks the impact of the first two.

      I tend to listen most to their first, (sans the 'kyrie eleison'
      track.... which should`ve been dropped, or stuck on the end, IMO. It
      'ruins' (sic) the continuity), but II (Live) is just as monsterously
      wonderful.

      ~Craig
    • Terwilliger, Sean
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 4, 2003
        On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Craig wrote:
        > I tend to listen most to their first, (sans the 'kyrie eleison'
        > track.... which should`ve been dropped, or stuck on the end, IMO. It
        > 'ruins' (sic) the continuity), but II (Live) is just as monsterously
        > wonderful.

        The 2nd isn't live. It's commonly known as _Viva! Koenji!_ (I think it
        said this on the OBI).

        Isn't the second Koenjihyakkei?

        Sean

      • Zero the Hero
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 4, 2003

          --
          Jason Ellerbee - jeller@...
          DREAMS WIDE AWAKE radio show - http://www.unf.edu/~jeller/dreams.html
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 4, 2003
            On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Terwilliger, Sean wrote:
            > Isn't the second Koenjihyakkei?

            That's the name of the band, and 'Hundred Sights of Koenji' is the
            English translation (which makes the first one self-titled, actually).

            --
            Jason Ellerbee - jeller@...
            DREAMS WIDE AWAKE radio show - http://www.unf.edu/~jeller/dreams.html
          • Alex Temple
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 4, 2003
              --- Zero the Hero <jeller@...> wrote:
              > On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Terwilliger, Sean wrote:
              > > Isn't the second Koenjihyakkei?
              >
              > That's the name of the band, and 'Hundred Sights of Koenji' is
              > the
              > English translation (which makes the first one self-titled,
              > actually).

              Where did the word "Koenji" come from?

              =====
              Alex Temple
              fiber_optiq@...
              Memes don't exist. Tell your friends.

              http://mailplus.yahoo.com
            • Naotsugu ITO
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 4, 2003
                At 13:46 -0800 2/4/03, Alex Temple wrote:
                >Where did the word "Koenji" come from?

                Koenji is the name of the city (in Tokyo) where Tatsuya Yoshida lives.

                BTW, do you know the meaning of 'Korekyojin', another Tatsuya Yoshida's unit?

                --
                Naotsugu ITO
                ICD33800@...
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 4, 2003
                  On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Alex Temple wrote:
                  > Where did the word "Koenji" come from?

                  It's a place name (somewhere in Tokyo, I believe).

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 5, 2003
                    So, that means that the CD I have, which is just labeled Koenjihyakkei on
                    the spine, God Mountain 027 is the second? I love this disc!

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 5, 2003
                      On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Terwilliger, Sean wrote:

                      > So, that means that the CD I have, which is just labeled Koenjihyakkei on
                      > the spine, God Mountain 027 is the second? I love this disc!

                      I believe so. The first track is the mighty 'Grembo Zavia'.

                      --
                    • 1-0 <d_leone@hotmail.com>
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 6, 2003
                        --- In avant-progressive@yahoogroups.com, "Terwilliger, Sean"
                        <sterwilliger@d...> wrote:
                        > So, that means that the CD I have, which is just labeled
                        Koenjihyakkei on
                        > the spine, God Mountain 027 is the second? I love this disc!

                        This CD is actually titled "II" (or "Second", which is what it's
                        called on the Magaibutsu website), which you can make out (albeit in
                        a pretty ornate font) on the spine alongside Koenjihyakkei. Much
                        confusion over the La Mama ad on the OBI strip, it being merely to
                        announce a then-upcoming concert by the band.

                        I'd also like to say that the new DVD (which I received last week,
                        thx Steve!) is pretty f***king great. Picture is good, and sound is
                        about as good as you could expect. However, the biggest thrill for
                        me comes in just seeing the musicians perform this stuff -- Yoshida
                        is a model of calm on drums, and in general, all of the players seem
                        very focused on the music at hand -- hardly the kind of wild
                        theatrics you might think of when Ruins or Koenji's music comes to
                        mind. (I do wonder if the credits have the singers listed correctly,
                        as it seems to me it is Aki Kubota singing the soprano lines rather
                        than Tokyo Nammy). I also want to know what was up with the sedated
                        crowd??

                        Dominique
                      • Zero the Hero
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 6, 2003
                          On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, 1-0 <d_leone@...> wrote:
                          > This CD is actually titled "II" (or "Second", which is what it's
                          > called on the Magaibutsu website), which you can make out (albeit in
                          > a pretty ornate font) on the spine alongside Koenjihyakkei. Much
                          > confusion over the La Mama ad on the OBI strip, it being merely to
                          > announce a then-upcoming concert by the band.

                          Really? This is disappointing :-)

                          > I also want to know what was up with the sedated crowd??

                          Stunned into submission, perhaps?