Djam Karet completes ProgDay 2002 lineup!

  • Mike Prete
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2002
      Djam Karet comes through in a pinch for ProgDay! This American quartet has
      graciously taken time out of their busy schedule to fill in at the last
      minute and complete the ProgDay 2002 lineup. Djam Karet is an Indonesian
      term translating roughly to "the elastic hour," and is an apt description
      for these masters of atmosphere. In over fifteen years of unassailable
      musical prowess, Djam Karet has fused chilling space rock, fusion, free-form
      improv, guitar-thrashing hard rock jamming, ambient and globe-spanning
      influences into a spell-binding signature sound which has earned them an
      ardent following. There may very well be nobody like them in the world of
      progressive music. This unique mixture of sounds is well at home in the live
      atmosphere as anyone who has seen them before can attest to. We are
      privileged to have them perform for us in their only live engagement this
      year.

      Visit www.progday.com for more info. Tickets for this year's event are still
      on sale!

      --------------------

      NEW AUCTIONS

      We are very grateful to everyone who has supported with our auctions to
      date, and to all the bands who have donated items for auction. The following
      autographed items are currently being auctioned off to raise money for
      ProgDay:

      Neal Morse - Spock's Beard Lyrics
      We are extremely happy to offer this one of a kind auction! Hand-written
      lyrics to a Spock's Beard song penned by Neal Morse. Three pages of a draft
      from 1998. A must for any Spock's Beard fanatics!
      Opening Bid: $20

      Patrick Moraz - Resonance
      2000 solo album from former Yes and Moody Blues keyboardist. A thrilling
      solo piano performance.
      Opening Bid: $20

      These auctions end Wednesday August 14th at Midnight PST.

      Visit www.progday.com/auctions.htm for more info.

      --
      ProgDay
      An International Festival of Progressive Rock