2/19 Playlist: Pushing The Envelope-WHUS/Storrs, Connecticut (USA)

  • joelkru@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2000
      Greetings!

      Welcome to this week's playlist for the 2/19 edition of "Pushing The
      Envelope - Music Decidedly Left of Center. If you go to the WHUS web-site
      (http://whusfm.saup.uconn.edu/) you can get all the information you need to
      check out "Pushing The Envelope" and all the other fine programming on 91.7
      FM - WHUS, the radio station of the University of Connecticut in Storrs.

      "Pushing The Envelope" airs on Saturday afternoons from 3 to 5 PM
      (FYI, London: 8-10 PM/Tel Aviv: 10-12 PM/Hong Kong: Sunday: 3-5 AM/Sydney:
      5-7 AM). It continues it's mission of presenting the best of avant-garde
      classical, rock, jazz, ambient, electronic, along with a healthy dollop of
      new and classic progressive rock (i.e., King Crimson, Boud Deun, Gentle Giant,
      etc.).

      As always, I'm constantly looking for new music to air. (Please
      note, all playlists are posted to the progressive rock, ambient, electronic,
      exotic, and contemporary classical music newsgroups, the Wire, Prog4U, and
      avant-progressive mailists, and in addition to all that, e-mailed to you.)

      If you have something that you'd like to share with our listeners
      (Yes, I DO play cassettes and DATs!), please sent it along to:

      Joel Krutt / WHUS
      Pushing The Envelope
      University of Connecticut
      Box U-8R
      Storrs, CT 06269

      e-mail: joelkru@...

      Thanks for checking out the list!
      'Til next time,
      Peace
      Joel

      2/19/00 Playlist: Pushing The Envelope

      ~Hey Good Lookin' - The Residents - Stars & Hank Forever - ESD (1985/2000)
      <http://www.noside.com/esd/>

      ~Rocket To Dearborn - Gravitar - You Must First Learn To Draw The Real -
      Monotremata (1999) <http://lonestar.texas.net/~monorecs/

      ~Leading To The Edge - Sam Rosenthal - Before The Buildings Fell - Projekt
      (1986/2000) <http://www.projekt.com>

      ~Crack In The Lid Of A Manhole - Toshiya Tsunoda - Extract From Field
      Recording Archive #2 - Hapna (1999) <http://www.hapna.com>

      ~Autumn Cannabalism - Karda Estra - #5 Electroshock Presents Electroacoustic
      Music - Electroshock (2000)

      ~The Working Class Goes To Paradise - Ennio Morricone - Cinema Concerto -
      Ennio Morricone At Santa Cecilia - Sony Classical (2000)
      <http://www.sonyclassical.com>

      ~Twin Earth - David Tollefson - Near & Far - Hypnos (2000)
      <http://www.hypnos.com>

      ~Farsa Del Buen Vivir - Merzbow - Aqua Necromancer - Alien 8 (2000)
      <http://www.alien8recordings.com>