Re: Igor Wakhevitch

  • dancoscino
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 2, 2002
      Thanks to all who replied regarding Wakhevitch.

      Much appreciated.
    • 1-0
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 2, 2002
        --- In avant-progressive@y..., "dancoscino" <dancoscino@y...> wrote:
        > Thanks to all who replied regarding Wakhevitch.
        >
        > Much appreciated.

        Some subversive person got this article posted at indie-ezine
        Pitchfork:

        http://pitchforkmedia.com/watw/02-06/faust.shtml

        Dominique

        PS - I just got "Etre Dieu", which was an opera conceived by Salvador
        Dali, but with Wakhevitch providing all the music (apparently because
        Krzysztof Penderecki refused). Very good. I had heard underwhelming
        things about it, but even though it's more towards straight ahead
        modern classical than his studio records, it's still pretty out there
        stuff.
      • lasciviakuci
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 3, 2002
          --- In avant-progressive@y..., "1-0" <d_leone@h...> wrote:

          > http://pitchforkmedia.com/watw/02-06/faust.shtml

          The Pierre Schaeffer you cite is not the same as the
          musique-concrete pioneer, is he?

          By the way, I saw that Ultima Thule

          ( http://www.ultimathulerecords.com )

          has relisted "donc..." for only 50 pounds, so that might be the
          cheapest way of getting it, though I don't know how much
          shipping would be.
        • dancoscino
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 9, 2002
            --- In avant-progressive@y..., "1-0" <d_leone@h...> wrote:
            > --- In avant-progressive@y..., "dancoscino" <dancoscino@y...>
            wrote:
            > > Thanks to all who replied regarding Wakhevitch.
            > >
            > > Much appreciated.
            >
            > Some subversive person got this article posted at indie-ezine
            > Pitchfork:
            >
            > http://pitchforkmedia.com/watw/02-06/faust.shtml
            >
            > Dominique

            Your article was one of a handful of sources that have gotten me
            interested in hearing Wakhevitch.

            I've enjoyed your writing for Pitchfork the past few months and
            did not realize you were in this group.

            You're definitely shedding some light on some deserving
            musicians.