2 VPRO radio (The Netherlands) shows I've heard this week

  • dainisb@nra.lv
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2002
      VPRO on March 2, 2002 played live tracks by "Raincoats" and Eric Random. Both were first hearing for
      me. Music by Eric Random was more interesting: instrumental space and psychedelic rock with flute.
      Similar to early Pink Floyd or Gong but monotonous. Perhaps here are anybody who will have an interest
      to listen these live tracks. You can go to VPRO website:

      http://pages.vpro.nl/3voor12/shows/index.shtml?2534202+3594015+4746439+5260482

      Concerten van Eric Random (1980) en de Raincoats (1980)

      Zaterdag 2 Maa 2002
      uur 1

      36e NIGHT TRAIN dd 02-03-02:Raincoats/ Eric Random.

      Raincoats: Effenaar 28-03-1980
      - Fairy Tale In The Supermarket (2.27)
      - The Void (3.47)
      - Go Away (2.14)
      - Odyshape (2.14)
      - And Then It’s OK (3.06)
      - Lola (3.56)
      - In Love (3.03)
      - You’re A Million (4.08)
      - Off Duty Trip (3.04)
      - No Side To Fall In (1.37)
      Eric Random PaRADISO 24-09-1980
      - (10.52)
      - (8.47)
      - (11.04)

      Another interseting session was by French band "Encre", done in, I think in December 2001.
      http://encr.free.fr/

      Style: innovative post-rock. Similar to Emak Bakia, Sr. Chinarro, Hood, Radiohead, Bark Psychosis.
      For French people:
      http://www.fluctuat.net/musique/bacs_01/encre.htm
      http://www.greenufos.com/web/grupos/e/encre.htm

      This De Avonden/VPRO session and interview (in English) with Yann Tambour you can listen here:
      http://www.vpro.nl/programma/deavonden/index.shtml?2785571+3177720+4746399+5260452

      Best,
      Dainis