magma query

  • manno
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2002
      I was giving my old vinyl copy of Kohntarkosz a run the other day and
      it’s a bit tired so I went to Seventh records site to investigate the CD
      and noticed that it is still in parts 1and 11. I always assumed it was
      one piece that had been faded in the middle because of the constraints
      of 20 minutes per side on vinyl. Anybody have any idea why it wasn’t
      restored when the whole shebang was remixed for CD?
      dr greg
    • Renato de Moraes
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2002
        Hi all,
        The most strange fact is to keep Kontarkohsz in 2 parts in the live CD.
        Questions that only Mr. Vander will be able to answer properly. Maybe he
        is learning some tricks with Mr. Robert Fripp and soon he will release the
        1st edition with the whole song remaster in just a single piece! For signed
        copies add 10.00.

        Probably because he doens't have the master tapes anymore, no exuse for
        the live version though.

        Renato

        manno wrote:

        > I was giving my old vinyl copy of Kohntarkosz a run the other day and
        > it’s a bit tired so I went to Seventh records site to investigate the CD
        > and noticed that it is still in parts 1and 11. I always assumed it was
        > one piece that had been faded in the middle because of the constraints
        > of 20 minutes per side on vinyl. Anybody have any idea why it wasn’t
        > restored when the whole shebang was remixed for CD?
        > dr greg
        >

        > Community email addresses:
        > Post message: avant-progressive@...
        > Subscribe: avant-progressive-subscribe@...
        >
        > Shortcut URL to this page:

      • giorgio gomelsky
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2002
          i produced the piece and yes, the 20 minute per side limitation was
          the reason. strangely it worked out quite nicely, like when you
          have to change trains from one station to another, say from the
          gare du nord to the gare d'orsay, or from penn station to grand
          central, the journey is interrupted for a short moment...

          giorgio gomelsky

          Renato de Moraes wrote:

          > Hi all,
          > The most strange fact is to keep Kontarkohsz in 2 parts in the live CD.
          > Questions that only Mr. Vander will be able to answer properly. Maybe he
          > is learning some tricks with Mr. Robert Fripp and soon he will release the
          > 1st edition with the whole song remaster in just a single piece! For signed
          > copies add 10.00.
          >
          > Probably because he doens't have the master tapes anymore, no exuse for
          > the live version though.
          >
          > Renato
          >
          > manno wrote:
          >
          > > I was giving my old vinyl copy of Kohntarkosz a run the other day and
          > > it’s a bit tired so I went to Seventh records site to investigate the CD
          > > and noticed that it is still in parts 1and 11. I always assumed it was
          > > one piece that had been faded in the middle because of the constraints
          > > of 20 minutes per side on vinyl. Anybody have any idea why it wasn’t
          > > restored when the whole shebang was remixed for CD?
          > > dr greg
          > >

          > > Community email addresses:
          > > Post message: avant-progressive@...
          > > Subscribe: avant-progressive-subscribe@...
          > >
          > > Shortcut URL to this page:

          > Community email addresses:
          > Post message: avant-progressive@...
          > Subscribe: avant-progressive-subscribe@...
          >
          > Shortcut URL to this page:

        • Renato de Moraes
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
            Hi Giorgio,
            Nice to know you are around!
            We can understand why it was done in the Lp edition, but with the CD, mainly
            the live version could go in a single shoot as there is plenty of space. That's
            what we don't understand.

            Renato

            giorgio gomelsky wrote:

            > i produced the piece and yes, the 20 minute per side limitation was
            > the reason. strangely it worked out quite nicely, like when you
            > have to change trains from one station to another, say from the
            > gare du nord to the gare d'orsay, or from penn station to grand
            > central, the journey is interrupted for a short moment...
            >
            > giorgio gomelsky
            >
            > Renato de Moraes wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi all,
            > > The most strange fact is to keep Kontarkohsz in 2 parts in the live CD.
            > > Questions that only Mr. Vander will be able to answer properly. Maybe he
            > > is learning some tricks with Mr. Robert Fripp and soon he will release the
            > > 1st edition with the whole song remaster in just a single piece! For signed
            > > copies add 10.00.
            > >
            > > Probably because he doens't have the master tapes anymore, no exuse for
            > > the live version though.
            > >
            > > Renato
            > >
            > > manno wrote:
            > >
            > > > I was giving my old vinyl copy of Kohntarkosz a run the other day and
            > > > it’s a bit tired so I went to Seventh records site to investigate the CD
            > > > and noticed that it is still in parts 1and 11. I always assumed it was
            > > > one piece that had been faded in the middle because of the constraints
            > > > of 20 minutes per side on vinyl. Anybody have any idea why it wasn’t
            > > > restored when the whole shebang was remixed for CD?
            > > > dr greg
            > > >

            > > > Community email addresses:
            > > > Post message: avant-progressive@...
            > > > Subscribe: avant-progressive-subscribe@...
            > > >
            > > > Shortcut URL to this page:

            > > Community email addresses:
            > > Post message: avant-progressive@...
            > > Subscribe: avant-progressive-subscribe@...
            > >
            > > Shortcut URL to this page:

            > Community email addresses:
            > Post message: avant-progressive@...
            > Subscribe: avant-progressive-subscribe@...
            >
            > Shortcut URL to this page:

          • Erez Siag
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
              Excuse me for being a bit over enthusiastic, but GIORGIO GOMELSKY?? is
              really in this forum??
              the legendaire producer?
              is it ok if we ask you here questions about past productions of you?
              Erez

              Message: 19
              Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 22:53:40 -0500
              From: giorgio gomelsky <gio1@...>
              Subject: Re: magma query

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > Community email addresses:
              > Post message: avant-progressive@...
              > Subscribe: avant-progressive-subscribe@...
              >
              > Shortcut URL to this page:

            • giorgio gomelsky
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 3, 2002
                sure you can but please don't bombard me with them, one or two at the
                time so i don't have stop from my work for too long...

                giorgio