7/22 Playlist: Pushing The Envelope-WHUS/Storrs, Connecticut (USA)

  • joelkru@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2001
      Greetings!

      "Pushing The Envelope - Music Decidedly Left Of Center" has spent the past
      eleven years bringing you the finest in avant ephmera, in the realms of rock,
      classical, electronic, jazz, world music, and just about anything else that
      catches my ear.  All this along with a healthy dollop of new and classic
      progressive rock.

      Well....due to new work obligations, the program is now in a new time slot,
      Sunday evenings from 10 to midnight, eastern standard time.  (Let's see,
      that would make it:  London: Sunday, 3-5AM, Tel Aviv: 5-7AM, Hong Kong: 10AM
      to noon, Sydney: noon to 2PM, anyone else, sorry, you'll have to look it up.)

      As always, you can get all the information you need to check "Pushing The
      Envelope" out in RealAudio, streamed in real time, at our web-site:

      http://www.whus.org

      And finally...... as always, I'm constantly looking for new music to air.
      (Please note, all playlists are posted to the progressive rock, ambient,
      electronic, exotic, and contemporary classical music newsgroups, the Wire,
      Prog4U, and avant-progressive mailists, and in addition to all that, e-mailed
      to you.)

      If you have something that you'd like to share with our listeners (Yes, I DO
      play cassettes and DATs!), please sent it along to:

      Joel Krutt / WHUS
      Pushing The Envelope
      University of Connecticut
      Box U-8R
      Storrs, CT  06269
      USA
      e-mail: joelkru@...

      Til next time,
      Peace.
      Joel

      PUSHING THE ENVELOPE PLAYLIST FOR 7/22/01

      ~Music For Klein & Beuys (1987) - composer: Christopher Butterfield -
      self-release (1992) / re-release: Artifact Music / Canada (1997)
      http://www.interlog.com/~artifact/

      ~Track 2 - Supersilent - 5 - rune grammonfon (2001)
      http://www.runegrammofon.com

      ~Tuber - Paul Burnell - Leaving The Party On Pluto - IPBO (2001)
      http://homepages.tesco.net/~musicalsquares/

      ~Spiders (1968) - composer: Ned Rorem / harpsichord: Carol Terry - 20th
      Century Harpsichord Works - CRI (1986)
      http://www.composersrecordings.com/

      ~Breathless - Robert Fripp - Exposure - EG (1979/1989)

      ~Purple Haze - The Kennedy Experience - Sony Classical (1999)
      http://www.sonyclassical.com

      ~Duck Blind - Paul Dresher Ensemble w/ Rinde Eckert - Slow Fire - Minmax
      Music (1992)
      http://www.dresherensemble.org/index.html

      ~Aqua (theme) - Vidna Obmana - Sound Track For The Aquarium - Hypnos (2001)
      http://www.hypnos.com

      ~Apparition / Aria For Italy / With Father / Reins of Tuscan - composer:
      Trent Gardner - Leonardo, The Absolute Man - Magna Carta (2001)
      http://www.magnacarta.net

      ~Street Songs: Poor Roger / Oranges & Lemons / Green Gravel / Jenny Jones -
      composer: Steve Martland / percussion: Evelyn Glennie / vocal ensemble: The
      King's SIngers - RCA (1998)

      ~The Breathing Machine - Ceberus Shoal - Crash My Moon Yacht - Pandemonium
      Records (2000)
      http://www.pandemoniumrecords.com/

      ~Drifting - Steve Lawson - And Nothing But The Bass - Pillow Mountain Records
      (2001)
      http://www.steve-lawson.co.uk/

      ~Growing Pains - The Switch-Off Option - Play - Fragment Music (2001)
      http://www.fragmentmusic.com/

      ~Adios Nonino - composer: Astor Piazzolla / string ensemble: Mr. McFall's
      Chamber - Revolucionario - self-release (2001)
      http://www.9morningside.freeserve.co.uk/