self explanatory! Enjoy!

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3, 2001
    • Renato de Moraes
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3, 2001
        Steve,
        Where did you find this?
        We need something like that for RIO and Zeuhl!
        Renato

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3, 2001
          Would the RIO version have a joint cover by Dirk Vallons & Bill Ellsworth?

          SF

          > Where did you find this?
          > We need something like that for RIO and Zeuhl!
        • Bill Ellsworth
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 3, 2001
            CuneiWay@... wrote:

            > Would the RIO version have a joint cover by Dirk Vallons & Bill
            > Ellsworth?

            Dirk and I don't do joints anymore ;) At least, I can't afford them.

            Very Best Regards

            Be
            http://billellsworth.com

            "COLLATERAL" book information :
            http://billellsworth.com/collateral.html
          • Renato de Moraes
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 3, 2001
              Yes that's it,
              And if you want you can buy a 6 hours lenght special DVD only with
              Christian Vander playing drum solos!
              Renato

            • StoOdin101@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 3, 2001
                In a message dated 7/3/01 10:20:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, CuneiWay@...
                writes:

                << Would the RIO version have a joint cover by Dirk Vallons & Bill Ellsworth?

                It would have a special CD jacket hand-made out of bailing wire and plaster,
                only available to the first 500 buyers (i.e. everyone who owns one will have
                one with the special cover, and the musicians will have the things littering
                every square inch of their studio to boot).

                "Music is not a language; it doesn't have the task of expressing something
                through sounds and symbols. Music stands by itself; there's nothing
                beyond it."---Iannis Xenakis
              • alebonn@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 4, 2001
                  Hello,

                  We have such a thing in France, about MAGMA and Zeuhl.
                  It was issued as a comic in 1978, by famous (here) graphist GOTLIB.
                  It's inside an album dedicated to rock n roll, in which famous bands are
                  caricatured, including MAGMA for 3 full pages.

                  Starts with Klaus and Christian walking under the rain with an umbrella full
                  of the MAGMA symbol, speaking a pseudo Kobaïan-french and saying things like
                  " It rains my dear " , " no more seasons anymore.." ( all this in french,
                  with a lot of Ö , K and LËÊ everywhere ).
                  Then comes Mister SHÖBÎZH ( sic ) fully tattoed with " Glitter ", " Punk", "
                  Peace and love", " hit" etc.. who assaults our heroes by sending them
                  marshmallow.
                  Christian cries for help from the ZEUHL WORTZ, not forgetting numerous
                  Kobaïan gossips, and drinks a super potion ( KOBAÏAK 12° 5, the velvet of the
                  stomakkh¨h ...) and then shouts " KOKORIKOBAÏA " before turning into a
                  superman and throwing down mister SHÖBÎZH while pouring forth numerous PÛ¨HR
                  DÜR WWWÔÔÔRTZ EÎN MMEKANI^K and other Kobain compliments.
                  Ends with a statufied Christian holding the earth, his feet drawn as spurs.

                  The same satyrical treatment is made to ROXY MUSIC ( Brian FERRY buying a
                  latex doll ), KRAUTROCK ( Tangerine dream making fries with Vegetaline dream,
                  KRAFTWERK running all around with a steering-wheel in hand saying "Tut Tut "
                  ), ZAPPA ( having a terrible problem with stinking feet, his dog wearing a
                  clothes-peg on the nose while bringing Frank's slippers ) etc.......

                  Someday I should put the 3 MAGMA pages on the web. But unfortunately speaking
                  french is required for a full comprehension.....

                  Alain

                • Michael Bohn
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 4, 2001
                    > Someday I should put the 3 MAGMA pages on the web. But unfortunately speaking
                    > french is required for a full comprehension.....
                    >

                    > DOESN'T MATTER -PLEASE RUN TO YOUR SCANNER. GOTLIB IS GREAT !!
                    > http://www.danbbs.dk/~m-bohn/gotlieb.html
                    > Michael Bohn
                    >

                    > Alain

                    > Community email addresses:
                    > Post message: avant-progressive@onelist.com
                    > Subscribe: avant-progressive-subscribe@onelist.com
                    >
                    > Shortcut URL to this page:
                    > http://www.onelist.com/community/avant-progressive

                  • Raoul Rabut
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 4, 2001
                      > > Someday I should put the 3 MAGMA pages on the web. But
                      >unfortunately speaking
                      >> french is required for a full comprehension.....
                      >>

                      >> DOESN'T MATTER -PLEASE RUN TO YOUR SCANNER. GOTLIB IS GREAT !!
                      > > http://www.danbbs.dk/~m-bohn/gotlieb.html
                      > > Michael Bohn

                      There's also a big Magma presence in Gotlib's "Hamster Jovial" comic.
                      Hamster Jovial -a stupid (& horny) scout- wants to transcribe scout
                      songs into Kobaian. During a performance, a female creature from the
                      Kobaia planet falls in love with him and takes him in her kobaian
                      spaceship. Koül!
                    • Richard Stockwell
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 1, 2001
                        I've just sent out the latest Cranium Music Newsletter and if anyone on this
                        list who doesn't already receive it but would like to try the latest copy
                        send me an email at richard @... and I'll email you a copy. If you
                        like what you see then you can subscibe if you wish and you will
                        automatically receive it once a month (sometimes twice). Its free and you
                        can subscibe or unsubscribe at any time via the easy link at:
                        http://www.cranium.co.nz/newsletter.htm
                        You can also find all archived copies on that page as well.

                        Regards

                        Richard
                        Cranium Music
                        http://www.cranium.co.nz