ProgDay News ... Shawn Persinger, promotion and sponsorship, more!

  • Sean McFee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2001
      First of all, we would like to thank everyone who stopped by our
      table at NEARfest this past weekend to say hello, buy a sampler or buy
      tickets to the event. We would also like to thank Rob and Chad once again
      for allowing us to spread the word about the event at NEARfest. If you
      haven't yet bought your tickets to ProgDay, don't delay -- the discount
      price of $65 will be in place only until July 15th!

      SHAWN PERSINGER to play at ProgDay, and auction news...

      Shawn Persinger is one of the most innovative and original
      guitarists performing and composing today. Drawing on a wealth of
      influences Shawn has combined the best of rock, jazz, folk, world music
      and the avant-garde to develop a sound that is uniquely his
      own: "Modern/Primitive Guitar".

      From his work with the groundbreaking and uncategorizable band,
      Boud Deun, to his solo music, Shawn has proven that his musical
      sensibility is unlimited. His current work as a solo performer displays
      his singer/songwriter talents as well as showcasing his instrumental
      guitar virtuosity.

      Praise for his playing ability and composition style by
      publications as far reaching as Rolling Stone, Guitar World, The
      Washington Post, The Village Voice and countless others, has helped Shawn
      sell thousands of CDs worldwide. And with continuos airplay, an
      endorsement from Elixir Guitar Strings and support from Taylor Guitars
      "Discover the Indies" program, Shawn is continuing to develop a wide and
      diverse following throughout the world.

      Shawn will be performing acoustic sets between bands at ProgDay
      2001. For more information, check out his web-site at
      www.persingermusic.com. Also, in conjunction with this announcement, we
      are auctioning off an autographed copy of Boud Deun's out-of-print
      "Fiction and Several Days". Check out www.progday.com for all the details.

      Promotion and Sponsorship

      * Space is still available to advertize in our program. This is a way to
      support the festival in a way that will also get your name out to those
      who attend the festival. Advertizing sizes and rates are as follows:

      $35 - quarter-page: 3.75" wide by 5" tall
      $60 - half-page: 8" wide by 5" tall
      $110 - full-page: 8" wide by 10.5" tall

      The deadline for ad submission is August 1st. Please get in touch with
      me if you would like to get an ad in the program.

      * We also have vendor space left! At a rate of $100 per table, this is
      a great way to make a killing. For artists/bands who wish to directly
      promote their work, we are offering a $40 discount on your first
      table. We also have reduced ticket prices for those who are vending at
      the festival; get in contact to find out all the details!

      * For those of you who want to help us promote the event, even if you
      cannot attend, here is how: head to our web-site and click on the
      promotions tab. We have a flyer you can print out and distribute, a
      web banner you can put on your web-site to link to ours, and a CD
      sampler you can order ($1 each or 15 for $10) to either find out more
      about the bands for yourself, or distribute in your local area. We would
      really appreciate all the help we can get in this regard; so many people
      would attend these types of events if only they knew about them. You can
      help us get the word out.

      ProgDay is the longest running North American progressive rock
      festival, dating back to 1995. Located at the beautiful Storybook Farm
      in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, its unique outdoor environment has
      inspired countless stellar performances. This, coupled with its festive
      atmosphere, has made it a long-time favorite of festival-goers. This
      year's event, taking place on September 1st and 2nd, features headliners
      PAIN OF SALVATION and THE FLOWER KINGS, as well as six of the finest bands
      POLYDACTYL. There will also be an independent Friday night pre-show
      featuring UNCLE GUT, SMOKIN' GRANNY and MAN ON FIRE! For more information
      on ProgDay, point your browser to http://www.progday.com

      Sean McFee