Live Magma, Renaissance, Swans, Thinking Plague, Kotebel, Amon Duul II

  • Ian Beabout
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2014
      Hello everyone!  On this week's Deep Cuts (May 29th), I've got a wide variety of progressive rock picked for you!

      First off, I've got some folky progressive rock in the form of Renaissance, Jethro Tull, and Comus.  All considered folk in some ways, and all quite different, Renaissance combine folk music with romantic classical, making for an epic and symphonic take on the prog rock genre. Comus, of course, are the freak / acid answer to folk, and are one of the creepiest bands I've ever heard. Imagine flutes, dual acoustic guitars, and guttural, animal-like vocals.

      Additionally, I'll also have some great electronic Swedish prog with Gosta Berlings Saga, some excellent symphonic with the Spanish group, Kotebel, who will be appearing at this year's ProgDay festival in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. To mix things up, I'll also be throwing in some music from classic Krautrockers Amon Duul II and their "Yeti" album, as well as some Van der Graaf Generator, Knifeworld, Mike Keneally, and so much more!

      I'll top it off with new music from minimalist masters Swans, some rare live Magma from their brand new Live at Bremen CD, as well as music from top requested bands Thinking Plague and Diablo Swing Orchestra.

      Tune in this Thursday for all of this and more!

      Specializing in rare cuts by classic and modern bands, Prog Rock Deep Cuts is a forward thinking, live radio show that promises to match the obscure with the new and fresh. Intelligent, emotional, and visceral classic to modern progressive rock broadcasted live every Thursday from 7-10 pm EST on www.progrock.com.

      Stream live here: http://www.streamlicensing.com/play/player.php?sid=1855&stream_id=3143

      Chat link: http://www.progrock.com/chat.htm

      Stream Last Week's Show Here: http://www.mixcloud.com/progrockdeepcuts/prog-rock-deep-cuts-35/

      4-7 pm - US West Timezone (California)
      5-8 pm - US Mountain (Colorado)
      6-9 pm - US Central Standard
      7-10 pm - US Eastern Timezone (NYC, Florida)
      10 pm - 1 pm - Brazil
      11 pm - 2 am - UK
      1 am - 5 am - France, Italy, Netherlands, Egypt
      8 am - 12 am - Japan, Korea

      If you represent a band and are interested in submitting your music for consideration, please send a press kit to:
      Prog Rock Deep Cuts with Ian Beabout
      PO Box 6120
      Wheeling WV, 26003

      Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProgRockDeepCuts
      Follow us on Twitter: ProgRock DeepCuts (ProgRockDeepCut) on Twitter