New Tohpati Bertiga, Live Änglagård, Mike Keneally , Comus, King Crimson, ELP

  • Ian Beabout
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2014
      Hello everyone!

      On this week's Deep Cuts (5/15), I've got another eclectic mix of old and new, well-known and obscure!
      First off, I'll be featuring new music from Indonesian fusion guitarist, Tohpati Bertiga.  The new record, Tribal Dance (Moonjune), features Jimmy Haslip on bass and Chad Wackerman (Frank Zappa, Steven Wilson) on drums, making for a formidable power trio.  Bertiga's tasteful guitar work combine the jazz dexterity of Eric Johnson with the power of Robert Fripp and Jeff Beck.

      Additionally, I've also invited a co-presenter, my festival-going pal, Billy Salvatori.  Billy has seen countless shows and festivals with me, including Van der Graaf Generator, Änglagård, Renaissance, UK, Miriodor, Thank You Scientist, Steven Wilson, Zappa Plays Zappa and many more!

      As before, I've given Billy the freedom to chose about an hour's worth of Thursday's playlist.  Billy's selections include, but are not limited to, English classic psych-folkers Comus, rare live Mike Keneally, and King Crimson.
      Lastly, I'll also be airing a tribute to the surrealist sci-fi artwork of HR Giger, a talented designer who unfortunately passed away this week with music from Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Magma, before wrapping it up with some new live Änglagård, Necromonkey, Sonar, and so much more!

      I hope you can join us!

      Specializing in rare cuts by classic and modern bands, Prog Rock Deep Cuts is a forward thinking, live radio show that promises to match the obscure with the new and fresh. Intelligent, emotional, and visceral classic to modern progressive rock broadcasted live every Thursday from 7-10 pm EST on www.progrock.com.
      Stream live here: http://www.streamlicensing.com/play/player.php?sid=1855&stream_id=3143
      Chat link: http://www.progrock.com/chat.htm
      Stream Last Week's Show Here: http://www.mixcloud.com/progrockdeepcuts/prog-rock-deep-cuts-34/
      4-7 pm - US West Timezone (California)
      5-8 pm - US Mountain (Colorado)
      6-9 pm - US Central Standard
      7-10 pm - US Eastern Timezone (NYC, Florida)
      10 pm - 1 pm - Brazil
      11 pm - 2 am - UK
      1 am - 5 am - France, Italy, Netherlands, Egypt
      8 am - 12 am - Japan, Korea
      If you represent a band and are interested in submitting your music for consideration, please send a press kit to:
      Prog Rock Deep Cuts with Ian Beabout
      PO Box 6120
      Wheeling WV, 26003
      Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProgRockDeepCuts