  • Ian Beabout
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 21, 2013
      Hello everyone …

      Specializing in rare cuts by classic and modern bands, Prog Rock Deep Cuts promises to match the obscure with the new and fresh. Intelligent, emotional, and visceral classic to modern progressive rock broadcasted live every Thursday from 7-10 pm EST on www.progrock.com.
      This week (November 21st), we will be featuring the new live Frank Zappa release, entitled Road Tapes 2, which documents the Mothers  shows at the Finlandia Hall, Helsinki, Finland, in August of 1973.  The band, arguably Frank's best, includes the late George Duke on keyboards, Jean-Luc Ponty on violin, Ian Underwood on woodwinds, Ruth Underwood on percussion, as well as Ralph Humphrey on drums, Tom Fowler on bass, and Bruce Fowler on trombone.
      Additionally, we will also be featuring cuts from the new Steve Hackett live CD / DVD - Genesis Revisited: Live at Hammersmith.  To top it off, we will be playing tracks from  Panzerpappa - a Norwegian band which played this year's Rock in Opposition festival, The Wrong Object - a saxophone led ensemble which plays a unique take on jazz fusion, and the new reissue of  A Little Man And A House And The Whole World Window by the legendary 'pronk' band, the Cardiacs.
      Stream live here: http://www.loudcity.com/stations/progrock-com
      Chat link: http://www.progrock.com/chat.htm
      If you represent a band and are interested in submitting your music for consideration, please send a press kit to:
      Prog Rock Deep Cuts with Ian Beabout
      PO Box 6120
      Wheeling WV, 26003
      Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProgRockDeepCuts
      Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ProgRockDeepCut
      Last week's Setlist:
      From the album Fear Draws Misfortune by Cheer-Accident
      1. Sun Dies
      2. Mescalito
      3. And Then You Realize You Haven't Left Yet

      4. The Key - Forgas Band Phenomena (The Axis of Madness)
      5. Exo-Spektral - Chrome Hoof (Chrome, Black, Gold)
      6. Popes - Mike Keneally (You Must be This Tall)
      7. Kidzapunk - Mike Keneally (You Must be This Tall)
      8. Roulette - Beardfish (Sleeping in Traffic, Part 1)
      9. Opening Move - Gryphon (Red Queen to Gryphon Three)
      10. Rise - Half Past Four (Good Things)
      11. Open The Door, See the Ground - I Know You Well, Miss Clara (Chapter One)
      12. A Little Man and a House - Cardiacs (A Little Man and a House and the Whole World Window)
      13. In a City Lining - Cardiacs (A Little Man and a House and the Whole World Window)
      14. The Cascades - MiRthkon (Snacks(s))
      15. Island - Gosta Berlings Saga (Glue Works)
      16. Song For Jeffrey (Live) - The Martin Barre Band
      17. Le Chiffre - Stabat Akish (Nebulos)
      18. Group Creation Project - Ian Beabout
      19. Darkness (11/11) - Van der Graaf Generator (The Least we Can Do is Wave to Each Other)
      20. The Birthday Party - Steve Wilson (Drive Home)
      21. Sun Symphonica - Jan Dukes de Grey (Mice and Rats in the Loft)
      22. Excentrifugal Forz - Frank Zappa (Apostrophe ('))
      23. Apostrophe (') - Frank Zappa (Apostrophe ('))
      24. El Nino - Jethro Tull (J-Tull Dot Com)
      25. The Doctrine of Eternal Ice, Part 1 - Phideaux (Doomsday Afternoon)
      26. Radio Gnome Prediction / You Can't Kill Me - Gong (Camembert Electrique)
      27. The Purple Speed Queen - Curved Air (Air Cut)
      28. The Knife - Genesis (Genesis Live)
      29. A Salesman's Guide to Non-Existence - Thank You Scientist (Maps of Non-Existent Places)