New MiRthkon, Forgas Band Phenomenon, Van der Graaf Generator, Halloween Preshow

  • Ian Beabout
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2013
      Hello everyone …

      Specializing in rare cuts by classic and modern bands, Prog Rock Deep Cuts promises to match the obscure with the new and fresh. Intelligent, emotional, and visceral classic to modern progressive rock broadcasted live every Thursday from 7-10 pm EST on www.progrock.com.
      This week (October 24th) we are featuring the highly anticipated new album by jazz-metal band MiRthkon entitled "Snack(s)".  Additionally, we will be celebrating the 44th anniversary of King Crimson's seminal debut album, "In the Court of the Crimson King", as well as the 42nd anniversary of Van der Graaf Generator's "Pawn Hearts", which also ties in with another portion of the show.  The following week (October 31st) will be the Deep Cuts Halloween Special, and to prepare for this, we have incorporated roughly an hour's worth of songs (to be sprinkled around the entire show) to preview this event.  Featured artists will be Univers Zero, Amon Duul II, Procol Harum and many, many more! Lastly, we will also be playing songs from a couple of albums which celebrate their 31st anniversary in 2013 (1982), highlighting two albums which I think are overlooked in prog's history.  Tune in for all of this and many surprises!!

      If you represent a band and are interested in submitting your music for consideration, please send a press kit to:

      Prog Rock Deep Cuts with Ian Beabout
      PO Box 6120
      Wheeling WV, 26003

      Press Contact: progrockdeepcuts@...

      Our Blog: http http://zombywoofblog. wordpress.com/
      Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ ProgRockDeepCuts

      Last week's Setlist:
      From the album, Chrome, Black, Gold by Chrome Hoof
      1. Enter the Drobe
      2. When the Lightning Strikes
      3. The Hunter - Beardfish (Sleeping in Traffic)
      4. Villaggio - Delirium (Lo Scemo e il Villaggio)
      5. Ur Villande - Anglagard (Viljans Oga)
      6. Breathless - Robert Fripp (Exposure)
      7. The Cheese Stands Alone - echolyn (As The World)
      8. Blood on the Radio - Thank You Scientist (Maps of Non-Existent Places)
      9. Memory Lain, Hugh / Headloss - Caravan (For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night)
      10. Roque - Aranis (RoqueForte)
      11. Words and Miracles - IZZ (Crush of Night)
      12. 'Iss' Lansei Doa - Magma (Mythes et Legendes Epok I)
      13. With You There to Help Me - Jethro Tull (Live at Carnegie Hall, 1970)
      14. Hallmark - Mike Keneally (Scambot I)
      15. Giggy Smile - Faust (Faust IV)
      16. Red Moon - Out of the Beardspace (Out of the Beardspace III)
      17. The Jungle Cow, Part 3 - The Wrong Object (After the Exhibition)
      18. Pop Sick Love Carousel - I Know You Well Miss Clara (Chapter One)
      19. Arrow - Van der Graaf Generator (Godbluff)
      20. Season of Salvation - Mavara (Season of Salvation)
      21. Roller - Goblin (Roller)
      22. R.I.P. - Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso (Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso)
      23. Duke of Orchestral Prunes - Frank Zappa (Lather)