Deep Cuts 12: echolyn, Chrome Hoof, I Know You Well Miss Clara, Jethro Tull, Magma

  • Ian Beabout
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2013
      Hello everyone …
      Specializing in rare cuts by classic and modern bands, Prog Rock Deep Cuts promises to match the obscure with the new and fresh. Intelligent, emotional, and visceral classic to modern progressive rock broadcasted live every Thursday from 7-10 pm EST on www.progrock.com.
      This week, we are presenting yet another eclectic setlist, with nearly every major subgenre represented including (but not limited to) - fusion, modern symphonic, RPI, Rock in Opposition, and Canterbury. This week, we will be celebrating the birthday of echolyn's Ray Weston with a classic track from the early days of echolyn. In addition to this, we will be featuring the new Chrome Hoof release on Cuneiform records, entitled "Chrome Black Gold" (a sort of manic Kraut / RIO / Psych / Pop stew with a hard-edged, but accessible style). Also featured is I Know You Well Miss Clara, an Indonesian keyboard-led fusion band in the style of Mahavishnu Orchestra. Tune in also for some rare live tracks from Jethro Tull, Magma as well as many other surprises and requests!

      If you represent a band and are interested in submitting your music for consideration, please send a press kit to:

      Prog Rock Deep Cuts with Ian Beabout
      PO Box 6120
      Wheeling WV, 26003